How do you protect your customs/IEMS in travel?
Sep 29, 2009 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

irjoe

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

Currently my super.fi 5 pros is being remolded + an additional mid driver, and this will be my biggest purchase to date for something so precarious and fragile.

I really want to make sure this investment lasts as long as possible, and I'm wondering how people take care of their customs/high-end IEM's in terms of portable use. Do you guys just stuff em down the pocket? use a small pouch? Own bomb-proof ATA travel cases?

thanks and cheers.

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #4 of 29
Some phones--notably Klipsch, Shure, and Denon--come in hard cases. I've seen hard cases on the Sony site, but for $25

If you're painfully cheap, improvise: playing card cases, cigarette cases, snuff tins.

Sep 29, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #6 of 29
Can the UE metal case contain the custom IEM's? I feel as if the size differences is too great to fit it all in comfortably.

Sep 30, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #7 of 29
they may/maynot. I'll go shove my livewires in my UE case and see.

I do this:
3967077277_c6aa9e1e8e.jpg

3967076145_3440efb2cf.jpg

pelican 1010 micro. best $9 ever. and it matches my livewires PERFECTLY.

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #10 of 29
i usually just hang them over my neck until i actually have to put them away. when that happens they go in the shure round case or an altoids can..but im liking that pelican case right about now
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #11 of 29
My Klipsch X10 came in a hard case with substantial space for the headphones and a reasonable sized DAP. That's what I use when traveling.

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by irjoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone,

Currently my super.fi 5 pros is being remolded + an additional mid driver, and this will be my biggest purchase to date for something so precarious and fragile.

I really want to make sure this investment lasts as long as possible, and I'm wondering how people take care of their customs/high-end IEM's in terms of portable use. Do you guys just stuff em down the pocket? use a small pouch? Own bomb-proof ATA travel cases?

thanks and cheers.

Altoids tin box.

Sep 30, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #14 of 29
I have both an old sport sunglasses case that holds a ton of stuff and also a Samba travel case from JLabs. Those pelican mini cases look pretty secure. Pricey, but secure.

Sep 30, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Buff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have both an old sport sunglasses case that holds a ton of stuff and also a Samba travel case from JLabs. Those pelican mini cases look pretty secure. Pricey, but secure.

$9 is pricey??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back