How Do You Like Your Bass?
Mar 30, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 32
For my tastes, can't produce it with headphones.
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967cutlass
tight and deep. just like i like my w.... err... lets not go there.
icon10.gif

cutlass beat me to it.

Mar 30, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #6 of 32
Not enough options. I like deep and punchy bass, as tight and clean as possible.

Mar 30, 2005 at 2:21 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
Not enough options. I like deep and punchy bass, as tight and clean as possible.

This is how I feel, even though I voted for the most favorite option. I'm pretty satisfied with the lowend on my HD580's, and the Millet only improved upon it. If the HD650's can improve upon it even more, then I might be moving to them this summer.

Mar 30, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #8 of 32
Poorly worded poll. It's the same as asking wether a) you like full, strong bass b) you like wimpy sound with sharp highs and no bass c) you like wimpy electrostats with girly mids and no bass d) you like huge bloated bass and use Bose Triports.

Re-word poll. This isn't right.

Mar 30, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #10 of 32
I agree, the choices should have been-

1) Dry and woody, like a nice Red Merlot.

2) Big fat and wet, like a watermelon in the shade.

3) Silent waters run deep. Like the Marianas(sp) Trench.

4) Dense and punchy, like Barry Bonds hitting me with a maple bat.

5) Enveloping and thick, like a duck down comforter.

Or any combo of the above, like eating a watermelon while barry bonds wails on your head.

Mar 30, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967cutlass
tight and deep. just like i like my w.... err... lets not go there.
icon10.gif

Arent we all 13 years old
orphsmile.gif

but yeah I like some kicking base but tight not base that rings in your ears for a long time. And I also dont like it to take over everything else unless it has to.

Mar 30, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #12 of 32
Deep, Full, Controlled. Just like my HD650/Zu. Just wish I could tame the highs without eq...

Mar 30, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #13 of 32
Controlled yes, but I'm not so sure about deep and full. I like for it to be there, but not in your face. I also appreciate cleanness. I actually tend to lean towards non-basshead cans for some reason, even though I thought I was a basshead. I guess my Eggos have brainwashed me and my sloppy-bass v300s have traumatized me forever. Interesting poll, but I have to echo others who say that there aren't enough options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back