1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

How do you light your room to create a greater musical ambience?

1. wind016
    I'm trying to find a way to light my room that will suit a music listening atmosphere without being distracting or too dark. I'm looking into buying some dim purple and blue lights but don't know what stores to look at.  I'm inspired by Lunatique's studio, http://www.ethereality.info/ethereality_website/about_me/images/workspace/cloud_pagoda/cloud_pagoda-studio.htm 

My room looks like this right now when I'm listening to music... It's too dark LOL but my lights when on are too bright and distracting.

IMG_0545.jpg

Please upload pictures of how your room looks in it's ideal music listening atmosphere. Also, tell me what lights you use.

2. Achmedisdead
    Maybe black lights would be cool?

3. Audio-Omega
    I use a 15 watt portable orange light.  It's not too bright or dark.  

4. yepimonfire
    both my headphones and speakers are bright enough to light my room :p

if i had lighting with a brightness equivalent to my speakers i would have 6 100w bulbs all pointing directly in my face. as for listening to music in the dark......not a good idea with the music i listen to, its dark enough with the light ON.

5. Uncle Erik Contributor
    I let the tubes take care of lighting.