How Do You Know When Your Headphones Are Broken?
Jun 6, 2005 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

meesha

100+ Head-Fier
I am having the hardest time figuring out if a pair of headphones are defective.
I bought a new pair of dt770 and sometimes I hear some crackling. I can't tell if its the source or what. I cross referenced with some sr60s. And sometimes I hear the crackling and sometimes I don't. Are the dt770's super sensitve? Am I paranoid?
Help before my two weeks are up!

Jun 6, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 8
i notice the same thing with my CD3k's. after a lot of experimentation with different sources and phones, i've come to the conclusion that a lot of cd's, even otherwise high quality ones, have crackle.

Jun 6, 2005 at 4:11 PM Post #3 of 8
thanks,
that makes me feel a little better...
tongue.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 4:12 PM Post #4 of 8
with higher up headphones, they often tend to reveal blotches in CD's. so the once "perfect" CD's are now POS.

Jun 6, 2005 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 8
Can anyone recommend any cd's that would be good reference quality?
One that would push the headphones to the limits?

Jun 6, 2005 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 8
Problem:

Indicators:
(1) You find deep tire tread marks in the valor foam rings. (2) The clothes dryer is makeing a ka-chunka ka-chunka ka-chunka sound as the drum rotates only to find your headphones were in there after being washed. (3) You find the molded headphone cup housings being craddled by your daughters training bra. (4) Your dog's tail and front paws are tapping out perfect rythum while wearing a strange chewed up contraption on his head. (5) Everytime you plug in your headphones it reminds you of that "taser incident" with the Deputy, you had a few years ago.
lambda.gif
280smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
Problem:

Indicators:
(1) You find deep tire tread marks in the valor foam rings. (2) The clothes dryer is makeing a ka-chunka ka-chunka ka-chunka sound as the drum rotates only to find your headphones were in there after being washed. (3) You find the molded headphone cup housings being craddled by your daughters training bra. (4) Your dog's tail and front paws are tapping out perfect rythum while wearing a strange chewed up contraption on his head. (5) Everytime you plug in your headphones it reminds you of that "taser incident" with the Deputy, you had a few years ago.
lambda.gif
280smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Reminder To Self: Do Not Buy from Mikey01 in the Headphones For Sale section....
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back