How do you guys wind up your chord and transport your cans?
Nov 4, 2008 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

jsplice

500+ Head-Fier
I usually just wind up the chord by hand, and then use 2 twist ties on both sides of the wound up spool. I then put them in a plastic bag to carry to/from work. It looks so ghetto. I think I need a better carrying bag...

Nov 4, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 19
Depends which 'phone I transport with me.

For the SR-007 and 4070 I coil up the cable and place it in a small cotton sock. Then put the 'phone in the aluminum flight case.
Something like this:

For the K1000 I coil up the cable and place it in a silk (/me think) bag. Then put the 'phone in the wooden box.
Like this:

Nov 4, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 19
I basically put the phones in the case, and just put all the cable in the case, zip it thats it. I got an Ultrasone Pro 750.

Nov 5, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #6 of 19
Well my 'phones aren't as classy as some of the ones you guys mentioned. I just have a set of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro-80s. I was looking at some of the cases on headphone.com, but they're pretty pricey. They don't appear to be worth the price to me. It'd be nice to get a bag that can hold the headphones, amp, and iPod though. Even a small regular bag would be nice...anything other than the plastic shopping bag I use now
rolleyes.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #7 of 19
I have a Gravis "Sidearm" bag, which transports headphones very well so long as it's on my person. It's decently padded on its own, but I wouldn't trust it if it was to be handled and tossed around. As for the cord, I just generally wrap it up in an elastic cord.

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #9 of 19
I use a soft-side insulated lunch box for my Denon AH D1001 and Optimus Pro 25s. My buds all go in little round plastic food containers. Winding up slack is handled with velcro ties.

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #10 of 19
I just hang them around my neck. The cord I'll run under my outermost layer of clothes.
Yeah, I get looked at funny sometimes and someone here will probably tell me how horrible that is to do. But music is everywhere in my life, I'm always either listening to it or making it. So such a setup suits much better than fancy cases or bags.

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #11 of 19
I coil the cable and put a twist tie on it, then I put my cans in a reuseable plastic-ish shopping bag, which go into my backpack.

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #12 of 19
I throw everything in a heap then toss the pile in a sack, then throw the sack onto the top of the wardrobe, then set fire to the wardrobe.

Nov 7, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends which 'phone I transport with me.

For the SR-007 and 4070 I coil up the cable and place it in a small cotton sock. Then put the 'phone in the aluminum flight case.
Something like this:

For the K1000 I coil up the cable and place it in a silk (/me think) bag. Then put the 'phone in the wooden box.
Like this:

in todays world most mothers dont place their babies so well.

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back