How do you guys deal with headphones that have a really long cord?
Jul 15, 2002 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

erikiksaz

100+ Head-Fier
I'm having trouble here with my desk and how my headphones should be set up. I have my ct570, which is of course, very small, and is not problematic. I also have the cha47 in a small pactec, no problem there. What IS the problem is my Grado headphones, or more specifically, the cord! How do you guys deal with headphones that have such a long, heavy cord?

Jul 15, 2002 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 15
Use a twist tie or a velcro thingy to shorten it (assuming you want to shorten it) after carefully looping the uneeded part. Also, your CHA 47 is in a Serpac case, not PacTec.
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2002 at 10:05 PM Post #5 of 15
redface.gif
Oh crud. Hehe, i was thinking of Serpac when i was typing though, but i couldn't figure out if it was either that or the Pactec. Somebody feels stupid.
tongue.gif

Jul 15, 2002 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 15
I wedge my TAH behind something so it won't jump off the desk, then let that huge coiled cord on my Beyer 250's hang around where ever it wants to.

Jul 15, 2002 at 10:24 PM Post #7 of 15
Wire cutters, wire strippers, solder and heatshrink.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 17, 2002 at 7:16 AM Post #10 of 15
I'm the opposite - I'm finding it hard to deal with the short cord of my Ety's.
frown.gif

Can't afford a good extension yet.
mad.gif

Jul 17, 2002 at 11:05 AM Post #11 of 15
HI: many members have that problem with grado long thick cord. I just use to let it fall beside me when I had the grados. If you try to use twist ties like I did the cord gets real heavy and no matter how you deal with it it is a real pain. I use mine portable and stoped that in a hurry. Just look at it as thats a grado.

Jul 20, 2002 at 1:35 AM Post #15 of 15
Sennheiser USA gave those posters away last year from their site to anyone living in the states who wanted one.... I wish I had one, but I live in Canada, so....you get the idea....
frown.gif

I don't see why anyone in the right mind would want to part with that beautiful poster.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back