How do you carry your earphones?
Feb 6, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #18 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser on the other hand bundles the most useless over-engineered case ever.

Omg yes I agree! Just got my IE8 today and the case is soo stupid, wish they could've included the carry case that came with CX6 instead, which actually looks decent.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #19 of 98
My IEMs go in a Oakley Vault Hard Case.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Feb 6, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #20 of 98
530 and Sansa Clip in Shures zip case in my pocket usually.

Cowon S9 and Fiio amp on a horizontal cellphone case cliped on my belt.

Works great for me most of the time.

Feb 6, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #21 of 98
I use a common, or at least I think so, method of carrying my earphones/IEMs. I use a Altoids tin with flattened cotton balls covering the bottom. I wrap the earphones around my finger and place them in there. They fit perfectly and don't rattle around.

It's small enough to fit in a pocket and isn't too bulky. Very cheap too, a dollar-fifty?

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #22 of 98
DAP and IEM of the day go in my Shure 530 zip-up fabric hard case.

Feb 6, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #23 of 98
I carry it all in my hands ..and sometimes shove it in the man bag.

i think all those small pouches n all makes one look gay

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #26 of 98
Do you guys worries about the IEMs moving around in a hard case?
since shock could cause damage to drivers especailly BA drivers.

I usually have some cushion around them.

Otto

Feb 7, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #27 of 98
Since the memory cable on my TF10s formed a nice U shape, I just hooked them onto the collar part of my shirt and let the cable and MP3 player run under my shirt and into my pocket. My music was just inches and seconds away.

Now I have a pair of IE-8, which I have to carry around in its case, which is pretty annoying.

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #29 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by GN85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I have a pair of IE-8, which I have to carry around in its case, which is pretty annoying.

Original case is too much hassel use. The case must be wrap around very neat and position of the plug. Also, there is only few millimeters to spare when putting on the outer case. Cable or Plug could caught in the way.
Even though, I take very good care of my gear ( baby them). I didnt
use it since 1st day.

Otto

Feb 7, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #30 of 98
a pelican 1060 micro case holds my lisaIII and DIYMOD while the VCAP dock goes in my bag or another micro case. while in use the rig stays in the front pouch of my bag and sometimes I let the IEMs hang around my neck. the cable is threaded through my shirt. if using my pico instead of the lisa III I can have the whole rig in the pelican; which I have modified to have a female mini jack in the pressure release valve. that female mini is wired direct to a mini with piccolino wire. the case has also been modded on the outside to accept a shoulder strap so I can sling it over my shoulder and plug the headphones in on the outside. the rig is safe from harm and could literally be run over by a car without damage.

now I just have to buy another pelican that is large enough to fit my lisa rig, but i'm hesitant, because i've started work on a iriver with outboard dac rig which will have slightly different dimensions. its a work in progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back