How do you carry your earphones?
Feb 5, 2009 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 98

tumama

New Head-Fier
I was thinking of buying a small pouch like these ones to carry my earphones, mp3 player, usb cables, cellphone charger, etc.

Auctiva Image Hosting
http://img1.iwascoding.de/1/2009/02/...07D1829906.jpg
2e5qx35.jpg

Feb 5, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 98
case_logic_mdc1.jpg

I got this 8-9 years ago for my Minidisc player. It has spaces for a player, IEM and additional stuff like spare tips.

I wish all manufacturers would bundle a useful case, even a slip case would be fine. Klipsch does and I find it the most useful so far IMO. Sennheiser on the other hand bundles the most useless over-engineered case ever.

Feb 5, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 98
I carry my Zune 30, the USB cable and both my NE-7M & PK3 earphones in an old soft Minolta camera case. My Zune came with a velour pouch that I put the USB cable in so it won't scratch or get caught on anything. I keep the NE-7M in the leather pouch they came in, and the PK3 in an old Sony E828 plastic windup case. It all fits in my leather brief bag, or backpack, whatever.

Feb 5, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 98
It must be big to charge that much electronics...

just kidding.

a zip pouch would stop stuff from slipping out

I have a pouch for my IE8 and another one for my zune (from Logitech VX nano mouse).
Making best of the stuff I have.

Otto

Feb 5, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #5 of 98
I like the HeadRoom mini bag. It is well made. The belt clip is sturdy and actually works. I use it for two Sansa Clips (music and podcasts) and a iBasso T4 and there's plenty of room for my earphones.

Otherwise, I just throw the rig in my coat pocket.

Feb 5, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #6 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by RASeymour /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Otherwise, I just throw the rig in my coat pocket.

This too, but once summer comes I'll need to bring a bag with me all the time just to store my stuff.

Well at least I hope we will get a summer this year...

Feb 5, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #7 of 98
Round Altoids tin (the ones that come with the citrus candies, not the mints). Wrap around 3 or 4 fingers, place in tin...voila. $1.89 solution. Just make sure to clean out the sticky residue first!

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #8 of 98
I just use the Etymotic case that came with my Er4p. That is all

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #9 of 98
Purse, handbag or other related feminine carry-all.

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #10 of 98
For now, I use my pocket and/or jacket pocket for my iPhone. I usually let my earphones run through my shirt and let it hang or put it in my jacket if i have one on. I really don't carry much. I'm still trying to find some Altoids box, but it is so hard to find now.

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #12 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Purse, handbag or other related feminine carry-all.

Same. Or, a Timbuk2 Slider attached to my messenger bag for school.

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #14 of 98
In my backpack's front bag, or just in their included carrying case.
One bother though for not putting the IEM back to their carrying case is that the plug and unplug procedure can cause some IEMs gold plug to fade and damage the headphone jack of the portable device( shure products fade easily and I damaged a iPod's headphone jack once)

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #15 of 98
I carry my Westone 3 and my sony A828 by shoving them in my right side pants pocket, that's it
tongue.gif

Yeah I don't baby things but I do have a clear protector case for my A828 and I do wind up my W3 around 3 fingers before I put them in my pants pocket; no carrying case for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back