How do you carry your amp
Apr 25, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #16 of 22
The trick is to live in a country where fanny packs are fashion items
evil_smiley.gif

Thanks Japan!

Apr 25, 2005 at 9:41 PM Post #17 of 22
I don't have a portable amp because I tend not to listen much on-the-go. But I do need a transportable system, since I like to listen at work as well as at home. My solution was to use a no-longer-needed laptop computer bag. The bag was custom designed for an iBook, so it's fairly compact. My Prehead fits in the laptop space relatively nicely, and there are a variety of pockets that accomodate my cables and iPod with room to spare.

Now, if I could just find a good case for my headphones! I almost bought one from Headroom but a friend beat me to it...and I'm glad he saved me the trouble. From the side, the thing is narrow at the top and wide at the bottom...just like the headphones. The problem is that the bag also opens with a zipper on the top. So I have to squeeze the big earpieces of my headphones (Beyer 880s, Senn 650s, AKG 501s) past the zipper at the narrow top of the bag. Once they're in, I hate to take them out. And once they're out, I hate to put them in.
rolleyes.gif

Oh, one other problem: when the phones are in the bag, all of their weight is on the cable connection(s) at the bottom of the earcup.

So, what do you guys use to transport full-size headphones? This is probably more appropriate as a separate thread, even though I didn't start out that way...sorry!

macdane

Apr 26, 2005 at 12:42 PM Post #19 of 22
Juergen

Your not worried about scratching your H320? Or do you have some padding in there?

The 320 case is a pain to pair with an amp.

Apr 26, 2005 at 12:56 PM Post #20 of 22
I use a padded PCDP bag from Wal*Mart and keep my DAP and amp side by side connected by a mini-mini cable I DIY'd with dual RA ends. Three nice things about this set bag and this setup:
1) dirt cheap <$10 IIRC
2) Extra compartment up front for batteries and such
3) I can wear it messenger bag style over my head but under my arm and it keeps a VERY low profile

Apr 26, 2005 at 1:05 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldekelly
Juergen

Your not worried about scratching your H320? Or do you have some padding in there?

The 320 case is a pain to pair with an amp.

I just put it together for the photo. I plan to put in a piece of felt or something between the two. I agree, there is no way it will fit in there with the 320 case. I just ordered a remote since it would not be practical to use this case without one.

Apr 26, 2005 at 1:46 PM Post #22 of 22
I carry my iPod in a case from Waterfield Designs and my SR-71 goes in a small bag from HeadRoom. I use the headphone output of the iPod as there seems to be no sonic disadvantage; I can lift the front flap on the iPod case to reach all the controls (including volume).

The case and bag both have clips, so I attach them side-by-side on my belt interconnected with a HeadRoom mini-to-mini cable that's 12 inches long and quite flexible. I run the cable from my canal phones down the inside of my shirt front to below the waistline, so it remains hidden except for a couple of inches that snake out and into the amp bag. The result is no cables flapping in the breeze and an installation that doesn't call attention to itself -- a good safety measure when walking city streets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back