How do you actually wear comply tips?
Oct 1, 2012 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

eltocliousus

Member of the Trade: Audible Bond
I have a handful of tips but I'm struggling to find a pair that I like, the smallest of the lost seem to fit the best thus far, but I'm trying some comply tips but a little unsure on how to wear them, are you supposed to squish them down then insert them into your ear where they expand?

Also, do you lift your ears up to open the canal while inserting your IEMs? 

Cheers!

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 9
Yes thats how you put in any foam tips, and I do pull my ear up to get a deeper/better seal when using IEMs.
Quote:
I have a handful of tips but I'm struggling to find a pair that I like, the smallest of the lost seem to fit the best thus far, but I'm trying some comply tips but a little unsure on how to wear them, are you supposed to squish them down then insert them into your ear where they expand?

Also, do you lift your ears up to open the canal while inserting your IEMs? 

Cheers!

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 9
I roll the tips and lift my ear as I insert and hold until it expands. Great seal that way for me. 

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #5 of 9
Ok fantastic, that's how I've been doing it thus far, I've found the comply and small tips to have the best fit, I was just unsure as I saw a post and someone said not to roll the foam tips, which is strange as I thought, that's the whole point!

I should really be careful with my ears, I wear earplugs at night and IEMs throughout a lot of the day, my ears are almost always full.
I had an extremely nasty ear infection for almost a full year just a few months back in my right ear, resulting in plenty of drops and a lot of doctor appointments, I ended up having to have an operation to remove a polyp from my eardrum, two months and one check-up later, a very small part of the polyp is still on my eardrum, however the chances of the infection coming back is slim but still apparent, I'm set for a second check-up in November to confirm the infection has completely gone. Luckily I had a hearing test shortly after the check-up and my hearing is "beyond perfect" as they said, 20/20 ears persay, which was both surprising to me and my doctor but I'm glad to have had no hearing lost after having an infection for a full year, it's also quite nice not to wake up with puss coming out of my ear.

Not sure where I was going with that, but there you go, ear infections are no good, rolling foam tips is all good.

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 9
yes i think that is the correct way
just dont shove them in until they stay there (without squeezing to "save time") as some head fier some time back got comply tips stuck in his ears

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
Ok fantastic, that's how I've been doing it thus far, I've found the comply and small tips to have the best fit, I was just unsure as I saw a post and someone said not to roll the foam tips, which is strange as I thought, that's the whole point!

I should really be careful with my ears, I wear earplugs at night and IEMs throughout a lot of the day, my ears are almost always full.
I had an extremely nasty ear infection for almost a full year just a few months back in my right ear, resulting in plenty of drops and a lot of doctor appointments, I ended up having to have an operation to remove a polyp from my eardrum, two months and one check-up later, a very small part of the polyp is still on my eardrum, however the chances of the infection coming back is slim but still apparent, I'm set for a second check-up in November to confirm the infection has completely gone. Luckily I had a hearing test shortly after the check-up and my hearing is "beyond perfect" as they said, 20/20 ears persay, which was both surprising to me and my doctor but I'm glad to have had no hearing lost after having an infection for a full year, it's also quite nice not to wake up with puss coming out of my ear.

Not sure where I was going with that, but there you go, ear infections are no good, rolling foam tips is all good.

Well, I was going to have some cream pie before I read this post.
blink.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #8 of 9
I do not roll my Comply Foam Tips...

It wears them out quicker.

I simply, wet them, and stick them in.

Jim

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #9 of 9
Just give them a gentle squeeze, put them in your ear, and enjoy the isolation as they expand. The memory foam conforms to your ear, making a near perfect fit every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back