How do the MX 270s compare to the MX 580s?
Jun 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DragonLord

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of Sennheiser MX 580 earbuds, and they're the best earbuds I've had in terms of sound quality (though I know there's better)--but the left channel has started to intermittently drop out. :frowning2: I'm not willing to spend big bucks on headphones (about $30 max), I go through them about two or three times a year, and I prefer traditional earbuds (not in-ear).  It seems they no longer make the MX 580s for whatever reason (B&H says discontinued), so I ended up ordering three pairs (!) of MX 270s as a cheap solution.

My question is, how do the MX 270s compare in terms of sound quality to the MX 580s?  What about build quality?  Should I get the MX 580s repaired or replaced under warranty?

--DragonLord

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 5
DragonLord,

If the headphone failed within its warranty period, then of course you should persue a warranty repair/replacement. Unless, you broke it.

Just my opinion, Jim

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
I have a pair of Sennheiser MX 580 earbuds, and they're the best earbuds I've had in terms of sound quality (though I know there's better)--but the left channel has started to intermittently drop out. :frowning2: I'm not willing to spend big bucks on headphones (about $30 max), I go through them about two or three times a year, and I prefer traditional earbuds (not in-ear).  It seems they no longer make the MX 580s for whatever reason (B&H says discontinued), so I ended up ordering three pairs (!) of MX 270s as a cheap solution.

My question is, how do the MX 270s compare in terms of sound quality to the MX 580s?  What about build quality?  Should I get the MX 580s repaired or replaced under warranty?

--DragonLord

MX580 for $18 shipped.

Jun 29, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #5 of 5
MX-580 has better instrument separation and the bass is not boomy as MX-270. It is tight and punchy in MX-580 and the sound stage on MX-580's are huge compared to MX-270. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back