How do the Insignia BS 211s compare to the Paradigm Atoms ( or Titan )?
Dec 20, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #2 of 21
You will love them. Trust me. I just got a pair and am about to go buy a second pair. You will be happy.

EDIT: Although I can't compare with your current setup as I have never heard it.

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 21
I am currently using T-Amp variant, the TA-10 with mods and external battery (see: http://www.michael.mardis.com/trendamp/ta-10.htm ) to drive BS211s and it sounds great to my ears
icon10.gif

Btw...(unmodded) TA-10 sounds better than Super T-Amp I use to have in the past.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im thinking of getting an Super T-Amp soon and id like to remove my cheapo bookshelp speakers

any suggestions would be great

Dec 22, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #4 of 21
I think you'll find the insignia has more bass but it is a little boomy and mushy, has somewhat congested midrange, and uneven and indistinct highs. At least that is what I found when I compared them to b&w 600. I haven't compared to paradigm.
The insignia is a decent speaker, and sounds pretty good until you compare it with something better.
It is possible you would prefer the insignia to the paradigm. The only way to find out is to compare them yourself.
Bestbuy has a good return policy. I might return mine, or, I might keep them for shop speakers.
I was driving them at low to moderate volumes using a sonic t-amp. I was going to use them as computer speakers, but went with the b&w 600 for that instead. The comparison might change if connected to a more powerfull amp.

Dec 22, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do the Insignia BS 211s compare to the Paradigm Atoms ( or Titan )?

The Paradigms are better.

But they cost 4x as much, so they should. For $50 a pair (or whatever they cost these days) I don't know of anything better than the Insignias. If you can stretch your budget to $220 + shipping, my favorite budget speakers these days are the Onix x-ls. I've compared them to Paradigm Mini-Monitors, NHT SuperOnes, and PSB Alphas and the x-ls came out on top.

Dec 22, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 21
Paradigm vs. Insignia.

No contest.

I mean, I thought there was no such thing as a stupid question, but wow.
Paradigm have been in this buisness for a long time, they use extremely high quality drivers and their enclosures are wll tuned. And the crossovers dont suck.

Dec 22, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paradigm vs. Insignia.

No contest.

Paradigm have been in this buisness for a long time, they use extremely high quality drivers and their enclosures are wll tuned. And the crossovers dont suck.

No need to jump all over the orignal poster. The question seems to be how well do the Insignias stack up and if it's worth the extra cost to go with the Paradigms.

Dec 22, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paradigm vs. Insignia.

No contest.

Dude you need to lighten up... Have you even heard the Insignias for an extended time?

Dec 22, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by exX08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude you need to lighten up... Have you even heard the Insignias for an extended time?

Sry if I came on a little strong
frown.gif

And yes, I have, becuase I own a pair. The enclosure resonate's like no other, and is barely even sound proofed, no matting or fill in mine. The crossover is rather weak as well. not to mention that the tweeters blew just after two weeks of use.

I was amping them with a Pioneer VSX-815.

The reason I said "stupid question" and "no contest" is becuase these speakers in question, are in two totally different levels of quality.

The paradigms will walk all over the Insignia's no doubt.

Dec 22, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by exX08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Doesn't matter. Point was made. The Paradigms will "stomp" any Insignia.

Dec 22, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #11 of 21
Man if Atoms were $40 a pair I would have little speakers all over the house. I'd even setup a pair to make random loud noises to scare the hell out of the cats.
icon10.gif

It's cool, my cats have a sense of humor.

Dec 22, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man if Atoms were $40 a pair I would have little speakers all over the house. I'd even setup a pair to make random loud noises to scare the hell out of the cats.
icon10.gif

It's cool, my cats have a sense of humor.

Your cats talk?

Dec 22, 2006 at 12:12 PM Post #13 of 21
There is more to it than "absolute quality", however you define that.
Speakers are kind of like headphones, there is alot of personal preference involved.
For example consider grado 60 (at about $60), and Senn 650 (at about $300). Many (most?) people would say the 650 is the "better" headphone.
But if you don't like the 650 sound, but do like the 60 sound, then the grado would be "better" headphone for you.
There is no perfect speaker, and no "best" speaker. It is all about comprimise between price, sound, appearance, and other things.
(my guess is that I'd prefer the paradigm . . .)
The OP should go listen to both speakers if he/she can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back