How do Razer Electras Compare to Beats Studios???
Aug 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

Nameon

New Head-Fier
As mentioned in the heading question above, I want to know how Razer Electra Comapre to Beats Studio headphones.

Please dont try to suggest any other head sets.

Iv'e already ordered the Razer Electras and will probably take a few week to get here (in Africa).

I know most of the audiophiles on this site probably have only hate to project on such a matter but please dont be subjective.

I know about the obvious major price difference, i just need to know how different (or similar) they are in terms of audio quality.

Aug 4, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #2 of 53
Really guys? Not even one reply?well then I guess it just goes to show the kind of stuckup pricks running this site thinking their better that anyone else,

Waht? The subject matter above stated is not worthy of your precious time?

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #3 of 53
*ehem* Y'all have to understand that most of us here don't have much experience with brands such as Razer. We don't like to give information that we're not even entirely sure of.

As for generalisation, Razer is generally considered not to have good sound in the first place. Thankfully, I've tried a friend's Electra before; the bass is overpowering (which I can see would be perfect for those looking for BIG BOOTY EXPLOSIONS in their games) and had generally muddy mids with subdued treble. Compared to the Studios, I can safely assess that the Studio definitely had the advantage in terms of sound quality and sound quality alone.

And of course, the generic yada-yada "Beats are overpriced and overhyped" argument is inserted here...

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 53
Quote:
Really guys? Not even one reply?well then I guess it just goes to show the kind of stuckup pricks running this site thinking their better that anyone else,

You're right - everybody on here is stuck-up for exercising due diligence before they make a purchase. You're so humble and honorable for doing zero research before spending your money. 

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 53
Quote:

Since you put it that way, spend your money on the Beats. They're totally worth it.

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #6 of 53
One is made by Razer. One is a Beats. One is called the Studios and one are called the Electras.
They are a bit different looking and are priced differently. 

I hope this helps.

Aug 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #8 of 53
Quote:
I understand that i need to take heat for calling names, but i get the feeling this thread would still be be empty if i hadn't made that ugly second post

Well admitting that is a start. Thank you. The main reason its empty is because this is an audiophile forum and those aren't really audiophile products. Very few (if any) people around here have experience with the Razers and there aren't a whole lot that have experience with the Beats either due to them being extremely bass-oriented and quite low quality for their price. crinacle mentioned that the Beats are better in SQ and I trust him and I would have guessed that that was the case. However, the Beats are also ridiculously overpriced. If I had to choose between the two I would choose the Razors based on their price. But if you're concerned about SQ you're a lot better off going with one of the "real" headphone companies (Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG, Ultrasone, Audio Technica, Sony, Denon, Fostex). Almost every headphone from these companies will have better sound quality than Razers or Beats.

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #9 of 53
Quote:

Well admitting that is a start. Thank you. The main reason its empty is because this is an audiophile forum and those aren't really audiophile products. Very few (if any) people around here have experience with the Razers and there aren't a whole lot that have experience with the Beats either due to them being extremely bass-oriented and quite low quality for their price. crinacle mentioned that the Beats are better in SQ and I trust him and I would have guessed that that was the case. However, the Beats are also ridiculously overpriced. If I had to choose between the two I would choose the Razors based on their price. But if you're concerned about SQ you're a lot better off going with one of the "real" headphone companies (Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG, Ultrasone, Audio Technica, Sony, Denon, Fostex). Almost every headphone from these companies will have better sound quality than Razers or Beats.

Note: When he said "real", I believe that he means companies that mainly concern themselves with audio equipment development (or have divisions that do) and prioritize that over mass marketing. Peripheral companies like Razor and Logitech aren't in this category, and while Beats were designed by Monster, it's clear that they spent most of their budget on marketing.

Also, what sort of music do you listen to? Headphones have their pros and cons, so you'll need to be more specific.

Aug 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #10 of 53

And I greatly appreciate this reply, I am in fact tight on cash , that's the main reason for going with the razers, and then some...

Aug 4, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #11 of 53
Razer, As a gaming peripheral manafacture, I have no issue with. Im using the Orochi as I navigate this site lol.
And I have more of their products that I use for gaming, Again, No issue.

As for the Electras, I havent listened to them yet so cant really say anything.

I would expect from previous experience with their peripherals that the build quality will be decent enough :)

I have listened to the beats, and although a "Fun" pair of headphones I would probably use as a portable pair I didnt mind getting wet or damaged, I dont 
rate them too well. But then I am used to better cans.

Now, I understand what its like being strapped for wonga, Been there myself not too long ago, So I understand the reasoning behind the purchase, However...

The one thing I learned a long time ago was to do my research first. Ive made plenty of mistakes in the past involving a bad experience with skullcandy ( I still havent recovered lmao! )

And, Being rude doesnt get you anywhere in life dude! If you're gonna ask for advice, Dont burn down the bridge leading to that help :wink: 

Yes, This is an audiophile website so you aren't going to get many positive replies about Razer or Beats however, Most of us start at the bottom, So a bit of understanding on both sides may be a good start lol.

Anyway thats my two quids worth, Do with it what you will...

Hope it helped :)

Aug 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #13 of 53
Quote:
Razer, As a gaming peripheral manafacture, I have no issue with. Im using the Orochi as I navigate this site lol.
And I have more of their products that I use for gaming, Again, No issue.

As for the Electras, I havent listened to them yet so cant really say anything.

I would expect from previous experience with their peripherals that the build quality will be decent enough :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Razor makes their own peripherals. They only design them (actually, I'm not sure if that's true for some of their products anymore).

As for quality, it's nice if they're well built and comfortable, but isn't all that for naught if they aren't willing to allocate costs to getting decent drivers and tuning them? I believe that was devhen's point when he was talking about sound quality. I've never used Razor products, but I've listened to a Siberia and they hadn't exactly shown me anything that my <$55 IEMs hadn't revealed already.

Aug 4, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #14 of 53
Quote:
The only reply i see to have any sense is the on from crinacle, crinacle THANK YOU for your honest reply.
And your an idiot for replying to a question not asked, i asked how different they were, not which to get you flipping idiot.
doublea71, what the hell does "exercising due dilligence" have to do with anything?? Does it hurt you that beats and a pair of gaming headphones are in the same question?? You self-righteous prick. I am the one who made the purchase and did so on my own gathered information and preferences. The only reason i made that second post was to get people  out of the wood-works and it seems it accomplished just that.

Insulting people is not a good way to endear yourself to anybody here. I don't care what the products in question are, but rather, how you asked. Quite a temper on you.

Aug 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #15 of 53
Quote:
Insulting people is not a good way to endear yourself to anybody here. I don't care what the products in question are, but rather, how you asked. Quite a temper on you.

Well, to be honest, given he already at least somewhat admitted his fault, there is a small amount of hypocrisy calling him out like this.  Yes, I understand you may feel slighted by his previous comment, and you have every right to feel so and react as such.  But again, I can't really see your behavior as all that different.  I mean no insult by this, just trying to give an objective opinion.  And I do apologize if insult is taken, especially considering I do not in any way mean to insult you.  I just strongly feel a person can't be expected to know they do something wrong unless they're being informed they're doing wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back