1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

How do I stop the daily email updates?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Bug Reports' started by rhythmdevils, Aug 8, 2010.
  1. rhythmdevils
    I get two of them everyday and I'm getting sick of deleting them.  They don't tell me anything I can't see by just loading the head-fi homepage, which is honestly quicker and easier than looking at the email. 

I checked "web only" in the subscriptions preferences, but I still get them. 

2. Stellvertreter
    Same here. I set my subscription settings to:

Site Only (no email) You will not receive email on this subscription, but its updates will appear in your personalized homepage activity feed.

It says that I won't receive emails but I still do. Something is wrong there :frowning2:

3. rhythmdevils
    yeah that's the one I checked too. 

4. headbob
    This was bugging me too, I had done what you did, but still received email.
    What did it was deleting all of my current subscritions manually.

5. midoo1990
    i also want a solution for this.i get 2-3 emails for updates everyday via email.i cancelled the option to send me emails from my profile but nothing is working.

6. Mr.Sir
    This is affecting me too.
    I first tried to change to weekly updates, but the daily e-mails didn't stop. Then I tried to turn off updates, but I still get daily and weekly subscription updates.

Weekly updates seem a waste of time anyway - I was expecting one mail per week telling me all the updates in the last week. Instead I get an update every day which shows what has changed in the previous seven days.

7. jude Administrator
    Report submitted.  Thanks the for the heads-ups.

8. rhythmdevils
    Thank YOU Jude for being awesome

9. rhythmdevils
    I'm still getting the email updates.  No worries it's not an emergency.  I just thought since I started the thread, I'd follow up.

10. dallan Contributor
    Happens to me too, set on no mail.  Glad Jude is looking into it. No emergency just a nuisance.

11. Uncle Erik Contributor
    I was getting them, too, but I changed my subscriptions to no email then manually cancelled all of the subscribed threads. I haven't gotten any emails since.

12. Currawong Contributor
    I don't remember seeing it there before, but there's now a subscriptions link top-right.

13. rhythmdevils
    I like having the subcriptions on my head-fi "homepage", it makes it reallly easy to keep up with threads I've posted in.  So I don't want to get rid of subscriptions all together.  I just don't want the email updates, because it's much easier/faster to just check the homepage, which shows me all the same info.