how do i sound isolate my headphones?
Jul 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

myemaildw

Headphoneus Supremus
i have headphones i want to sound isolate to get a better base. so far i’ve got headphones and they do not make a seal between the headphone cups and my ears. the material is silicone on headphones. and a hard silicone, not a soft one. a soft one would make a nice seal. what can i try may be attach a strip of some kind of material on the rim of the headphones that would stick to the ear and sound isolate them. how does passive sound isolation work on headphones? is there any way to build in active sound isolation? may be i could buy the parts for it?

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #3 of 3
i’ve got nixon headphones
http://www.zappos.com/images/z/2/0/1/1/6/2/2011624-p-4x.jpg

i can rung sellotape between the silicone padding and the headphones to sound isolate them between the headphone muffs and the headphones. and may be fill some gaps at the back by opening them. may be with a hot glue. but what about the contact between the headphone muffs and the ears? it does not make any tacky seal. it just feels like pensil erraser, it does not make any kind of seal. may be i could buy some kind of ear muffs replacement that sound isolate well and kind of trim them and glue them to the headphone muffs, also like may be run sellotape between the headphone muffs and the sound isolating headphone muffs? or some kind of material that works well for sound isolating? i do not know what works best for it. i am sure will try different things but at the moment i’m not sure what could work well. i could buy sound isolating headphones, but i really want to keep my headphone speakers inside original casing. and i’m not sure if they will sound isolate if i simply transfer the cushions from those to headphones. and they also tend to be square, may be it does not matter as long as you sellotape them nicely. i’m not sure. anyone had experience with isolating their headphones? what material could i try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back