How do I open images in their own tabs?
Aug 3, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #2 of 9
Have you tried left clicking on it to open the image in full-size first, and THEN right clicking?
This might be a workaround.
Probably depends on the browser, but this method works for me using Chrome.

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 9
Have the same problem. Wasn't happening before, noticed this in the last two months or so. On both FireFox and Edge (don't have Chrome installed :stuck_out_tongue:). Must be a server side setting triggering it.

But, the new gallery and slide show really work great. Double left click, zooms in and out, and clicking the black background closes it. No need to really open pics in separate tabs, windows.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #4 of 9
Have you tried left clicking on it to open the image in full-size first, and THEN right clicking?
This might be a workaround.
Probably depends on the browser, but this method works for me using Chrome.
It gives the same result for me. Except in Chrome, where it actually skips the step where it asks me if I want to save the image and just downloads it automatically...

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 9
But, the new gallery and slide show really work great. Double left click, zooms in and out, and clicking the black background closes it. No need to really open pics in separate tabs, windows.
You can't choose the order of images in a post, let alone between different posts. You can't have multiple images open in the background for later either. Being stuck in the gallery here is restrictive.

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #8 of 9
I find the 'hoverzoom' Chrome plugin useful for viewing images in hi-res.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back