How do I know which IEMs are for me?
Jan 8, 2017 at 12:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

PACPhD

New Head-Fier
Hi. New guy here. Please be gentle :  )

I have P7 headphones. Thought they were really good. Until I heard SE846. Though they were great. Managed to borrow a pair for a few weeks and found them uncomfortable when used over an hour on the plane. I also didn't seem to hear the bass everyone else hears. Thought they were a little flat. So I have been reading tons of reviews and as many threads as I can. I am interested in a few different setups, including Westone, Ultimate Ears, K10, etc. So I then realized that no one carries these and even if they did you apparently can't try them on for hygienic reasons. So how does one purchase a pair of IEM for $1000 + without every trying them or at least comparing a few models?

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi. New guy here. Please be gentle :  )

I have P7 headphones. Thought they were really good. Until I heard SE846. Though they were great. Managed to borrow a pair for a few weeks and found them uncomfortable when used over an hour on the plane. I also didn't seem to hear the bass everyone else hears. Thought they were a little flat. So I have been reading tons of reviews and as many threads as I can. I am interested in a few different setups, including Westone, Ultimate Ears, K10, etc. So I then realized that no one carries these and even if they did you apparently can't try them on for hygienic reasons. So how does one purchase a pair of IEM for $1000 + without every trying them or at least comparing a few models?
There is no hygienic reasons . I have heard all those and more at CanJam.

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 3
There is no hygienic reasons . I have heard all those and more at CanJam.

I think what he means is that stores aren't going to open the box and let customers get their ear wax on an IEM. Shure used to have demo booths at some dealers but ignoramuses who don't even know how to put them on tend to destroy the display within weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back