How do I get my WINMX to work?
Jul 7, 2002 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Nikos

100+ Head-Fier
I downloaded the old version cause I didnt like the newer version (after previously deleting the old version).

Now I have WinMX 2.6, and it wont work on my cpu because I think back when I was at college they somehow prevented it. But now that I am home, it wont let me use it on my cpu that I had at college for some reason. I beleive there is something in my settings that prevents me from being able to connect (due to when this cpu was in college).

The reason i beleive this because it works on my dads laptop, which uses the same router/cable modem as me, cause we share.

Anyone know how I can take the settings off that are probably due to when I had the cpu in college and unable to use WINMX?

Cause I can connect on the new version, but not the old for some strange reason, and I never used the NEW version at college.

ANyone have any clue as to what I can do?

Jul 7, 2002 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi,Nikos
I'm not exactly sure I can help you, but there is a big user group you can acces through GOOGLE-GROUPS at alt.music.mp3.winmx. they have a lot of f.a.q. and support... NOW, to the point - from what I remember - because winmx are interested in you getting the new versions they are constantly changing the access port numbers on their servers according to the ones in the new versions(each version and it's port numbers...) - so the numbers on older versions do not automatically fit any more... If that's right and I UNDERSTOOD IT OK(?) it follows that you'll have to configure the access numbers on your older version according to the new ones existing on their servers-that automatically fit the last version... By the way - why not try first to use their last version - 3.22 - there are people very happy with it -
tongue.gif
and there are ones who say it sucks...
very_evil_smiley.gif
.anyway I hope it helped...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back