How do I get my in ear headphones deeper into the ear canal?
Apr 18, 2020 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

hdfksj093qcu

New Head-Fier
Currently I am using the standard Samsung In-Ear Headphones (see picture).
5153RezSIlL._SX466_.jpg

My problem is that I am already using the big eartip (L) and I do not get a proper seal. How do I get them deeper into the ear canal?

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #2 of 14
5153RezSIlL._SX466_.jpg

My problem is that I am already using the big eartip (L) and I do not get a proper seal. How do I get them deeper into the ear canal?

If the big tip doesn't allow for it to get deeper then use the smaller tips.

If the smaller tips are too loose you're going to have to try other tips, either made for other IEMs or made by third parties. You'll have to keep at least two things in mind though.

First is the bore diameter, so that the new eartips can actually hold onto the bore. Slightly smaller is better since in most cases either you can push them in or are still wide enough you can use tweezers as foreceps and then just maneuver them onto the bore, then carefully pull away the tweezer.

Second is the overall diameter of the eartip. Try to look for one that's around the middle of the L and M tips if the M is too loose. Alternately, maybe go for a different style altogether, like dual or triple flange tips.

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #3 of 14
If the big tip doesn't allow for it to get deeper then use the smaller tips.

If the smaller tips are too loose you're going to have to try other tips, either made for other IEMs or made by third parties. You'll have to keep at least two things in mind though.

First is the bore diameter, so that the new eartips can actually hold onto the bore. Slightly smaller is better since in most cases either you can push them in or are still wide enough you can use tweezers as foreceps and then just maneuver them onto the bore, then carefully pull away the tweezer.

Second is the overall diameter of the eartip. Try to look for one that's around the middle of the L and M tips if the M is too loose. Alternately, maybe go for a different style altogether, like dual or triple flange tips.

Thank you for your reply. I think that I will look for triple flange tips. However, due to the current situation I will get them not until the end of the next week.

have also tested the smaller eartips, and it was not better. What can I do in the meantime to get them in really deep?

Apr 18, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 14
Buy some Etymotics 😀 this will give you a DEEP insertion

Apr 18, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #8 of 14
Superglue! Just kidding of course.

We had them and they are terrible. Throw them in garbage bin and get better ones that can go deep. It's been like 6 years ago since my dad got them and damn, look at that! When I wanted to use them, they fall off.

Apr 18, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #10 of 14
5153RezSIlL._SX466_.jpg

You already know the answer to the question. You know what is possible or not. Get something with a deep insertion that you need.

Apr 18, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #12 of 14
They look fairly shallow so won't go as deep as something like westone etymotic shure etc etc.

Apr 18, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #13 of 14
If you want them and have $6 to spare, you can get these triple-flange ear tips that are advertised to fit the Samsung Galaxy 8 in-ears:

https://www.amazon.com/ALXCD-Earphone-Durable-Silicone-Replacement/dp/B075FND41V

Also, there are sellers on wish.com that have AKG in-ears (OEM model for Samsung Galaxy 8 in-ears) for as low as 99 cents usd and separate shipping, or free with $2.99 usd shipping. Just login and search for “AKG Samsung Galaxy 8 in ears”. :)

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #14 of 14
Thank you for your reply. I think that I will look for triple flange tips. However, due to the current situation I will get them not until the end of the next week.

have also tested the smaller eartips, and it was not better. What can I do in the meantime to get them in really deep?

You have to be more specific.

Are they still too large? At the outer section of the ear canal or farther in?

Do they go in without ridiculous force, but then slip back out?

There would still be some trial and error involved but it would narrow it down a bit. If it's too large even for the outer part that you have to use a lot of force then it's just too large. If you push it in and it kind of fits through the outer section but doesn't go through, you need longer tips; depending on how it fits at the outer section, you might need a triple flange if your ear canal isvery conical in shape, other wise a long barrel foam like one type of Comply tips can work (actually two, but they're different bore sizes). If they go in and easily slip back out, it could be loose or slipping, so if it's the latter you might need foam tips (note that rough foam might have increased friction, which means better grip, but also likely irritating to your skin). Or you just have the ears sweating and producing a lot of oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back