How do I get album art into Rockbox?
Oct 26, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 18
Oct 27, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #6 of 18
Albums art depends on the skins you use and the format (size) supported by it.

Oct 27, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Albums art depends on the skins you use and the format (size) supported by it.

Yes, I realize that - I chose 3 or 4 different ones that accept 200 X 200, as well as one taking 240 X 240. Can't getting anyone of them to work.

I used MediaMonkey to extract & resize the album art - maybe it's the compression ratio - and used FastStone to convert to .BMP files. What should the compression be?

Nov 3, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymike66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just checking - you are using bitmaps (.BMP files) ? Jpgs are not supported.

Yes - That's not the problem. I have 2 IPods, both Rockboxed - I put ALAC files on one after not getting either one to show album art with FLAC files. No problems with the ALAC files, the cover art showed up fine - same themes on both.

I have come to the conclusion that album art just can't be used with FLAC files. At least no one can tell me how to make it work. So, maybe FLAC is just not worth the trouble.

May 17, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #11 of 18
if it not to late, update to current version.
bigsmile_face.gif

May 17, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #12 of 18
I works just fine for me on my 5G iPod. All I do is place a .bmp of each album cover in the corresponding album directory on my computer before copying the files to my iPod. You have used the Database menu in Rockbox to build the database, right? I can't remember if that's necessary to get album art to display, but it's what I'm in the habit of doing after loading new content onto my iPod and all is well.

EDIT: Also, be sure that you don't actually have any artwork embedded in any of the audio files you put on your Rockboxed iPod. If there is artwork embedded, be sure to strip it out first.

May 17, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
on h140 just leave a small cover.jpg in each directory.

No can do .jpg on Rockboxed iPods...

May 17, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No can do .jpg on Rockboxed iPods...

Jpg cover art is supported as of May 1 2009.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back