How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #1,293 of 3,657
BIG ULTRA LOL these guys hear me say that dacs sound different because the material they are made of is different and the first thing comes to their mind is that I'm talking about the case? hahaha no wonder why they feel trolled, whats next? oh no my dac 1 sounds warmer than my dac 2 because I replace the volume knob with a wooden knob? hahahaha you guys have little or 0 understanding of electronics, and btw even the case makes a difference in how well things might be grounded and how much RF can block so even that counts but thats not what I was talking about when I said materials.....sad sad world!
Looks like @bfreedma is right. You conveniently ignore parts of posts.

Ok please explain how exactly different materials in a DAC differentiate the sound to another dac made of different materials.
What wise knowledge can you bring to us mortals today?

Are you really that dense? Well yes, the copper case can help with EMI/RF but that's not what Sony is claiming! Did you not read the advertisement?

That's actually a perfect example. Both claims are unproven in it's situation, your DAC is converting the digital audio into a electrical signal that is converted through your headphones/speaker by magnetism to sound you can hear.
Please explain how exactly the different materials can change the sound.
But yes @PointyFox raised a good point about the reinforcing part with the copper chassis.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #1,294 of 3,657
I think he's gone.

Nov 12, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #1,295 of 3,657
celebration-benedict-cumberbatch-jimmy-fallon-gif-7241283

Nov 13, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #1,296 of 3,657
[1] I know it sounds personal but I cant find any other logical explanation for why many here claim they cant hear deifferences among their devices ...
[2] Such a sad thing you got your feelings hurt just because im telling you the truth about you not being able to perceive differences,
[3] BIG ULTRA LOL ...

1. To find a "logical explanation" for something has two basic requirements: 1. To find something, you actually have to look for it! And 2. You must actually be capable of "logic", in order to recognise a "logical explanation"!

This is the science forum, NOT the electrostatico forum. What's acceptable here is the facts and what science has found, NOT what you've been able or unable to find or whether you've even bothered to look in the first place!! Most unfortunately though, you've demonstrated an incapacity for logic, you haven't responded to a single one of the logical questions asked. You just completely ignore them and repeat exactly the same nonsense and self contradictions. For example, you acknowledged the influence and importance of listening training but when asked about your listening training, you refuse to respond. Likewise, you mention the importance of high quality, revealing equipment but when challenged about you're equipment, you simply ignore it and carry on telling everyone they have deficient listening skills and equipment. You're clearly incapable of logic and therefore it's OBVIOUSLY IMPOSSIBLE for you to find a "logical explanation", even if you tried to!

2. No, the really "sad thing" is that you clearly have no idea of "the truth". You haven't even looked for "the truth" and being incapable of logic, you wouldn't be able recognise it even if you found it! That leaves just two options, either you're deliberately lying/trolling or you're severely deluded.

3. That's EXACTLY the same response that a crazy, delusional mental patient would give to their doctor, upon being told that they are not really Napoleon or Joan of Arc. You surely don't want to continue to give the impression that you're a crazy, delusional mental patient do you?? In reality, it should be us having the BIG ULTRA LOL but then none of us would LOL at an afflicted mental patient.

If you want to have a logical/rational discussion, that can ONLY happen if you actually apply some logic. If you don't want to have a rational discussion, that's fine but you're definitely in the WRONG FORUM! So, what's it going to be?

G

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #1,297 of 3,657
Yup. He's gone.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #1,298 of 3,657
Yup. He's gone.
I honestly wanted to know his reasons and tests done on his DACs. How did he come to the conclusion that different materials used in the construction of a dac would affect sound quality and what audio equipment he compared and tested.

Sadly, he avoided your question and maybe he might return and tell us.

Nov 13, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #1,299 of 3,657
I honestly wanted to know his reasons and tests done on his DACs. How did he come to the conclusion that different materials used in the construction of a dac would affect sound quality and what audio equipment he compared and tested.

Sadly, he avoided your question and maybe he might return and tell us.
most people going through the hurdle of a controlled listening test will already understand the significance of the set up and how it can affect not only the results, but what we can conclude from them. and anybody with a fiber of scientific method in him, will also know that and offer some context to his experience.
what I'm saying is that people flying over how they got their "facts", are already telling you all about how they "tested": sighted impression, 1 finger of preconception, 2 fingers of overconfidence. never goes out of fashion.

Nov 13, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #1,300 of 3,657
I was politely asking him basic questions over and over and he replied to everything around me, but never answered any of my questions. This wasn't just overconfidence and preconception. He knew he was being disingenuous and he was avoiding being cornered into having to admit it.

It's no fun to troll when the people you're trolling are very polite and nice and keep putting a noose in your hand. It's only fun when people fight back and match stupidity with more stupidity.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #1,302 of 3,657
I just googled the chord dave you mentioned and am surprised at how expensive it is.

I’m very inexperienced in this hobby but for that kind of cost I’d expect to be able to hear a significant sonic performance?
yes, you can hear a significant difference, that is because the way the dac interprets and forms the analog signal is more complex and dynamic, there is a silent background with very good dynamics and a very good designed stable and clean power source, and very low output impedance, among many many more things that make a dac sounding much much better than a cheap one.

it's the internal processing inside the chip that reconstructs the analog signal where you start seeing the first differences in sound, thats why is so funny when they talk about a perfectly converted signal or when they talk about transparency or the funniest of all when they say all dacs sound the same when they dont even have the same chip and let alone the differences in implementation of such chip, or what digital transport receiver inside such dac can be implemented and how delivers those 1 and 0's to the D/A converter chip, everything counts, even the case as some were ridiculing out of their own ignorance with a sony product

Nov 15, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #1,303 of 3,657
Ahh we're back at the old audiophile bastion: flee when people ask for proof of your claims...and sneak in the backdoor to spout bollocks when the adults are in bed.

Don't listen to him Laura. All these dacs may measure differently but you won't be able to hear it unless you look at the machine whilst using it. That way you can think up millions of magic ways it somehow enhances your audio chain. Hide it behide a couple of boxes and do a blindtest with say an iPhone and you won't be able to hear a difference. If you do I will be the first to call you a doctor:)

Nov 15, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #1,304 of 3,657
Looks like @bfreedma is right. You conveniently ignore parts of posts.

Ok please explain how exactly different materials in a DAC differentiate the sound to another dac made of different materials.
What wise knowledge can you bring to us mortals today?

Are you really that dense? Well yes, the copper case can help with EMI/RF but that's not what Sony is claiming! Did you not read the advertisement?

That's actually a perfect example. Both claims are unproven in it's situation, your DAC is converting the digital audio into a electrical signal that is converted through your headphones/speaker by magnetism to sound you can hear.
Please explain how exactly the different materials can change the sound.
But yes @PointyFox raised a good point about the reinforcing part with the copper chassis.
Wait a second! you are now trying to blame me and demand that I respond in behalf of sony's claims? BIG ULTRA LOL. let me remind you that the reason SOMEBODY ELSE posted about that sony walkman was to attack me for saying that materials change the sound, then I proceed to make fun of that guy because obviously I was not talking about the material of the case a dap or dac is made of, I was talking more about the electronics inside, but I even have the decency of explaining that guy that even the case can have effects in the sound and if you read carefully it was me who in my explanation brought up the RF.

Now you want me to be responsible for what sony claims? LOL another low move to discredit me has been exposed

Nov 15, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #1,305 of 3,657
Ahh we're back at the old audiophile bastion: flee when people ask for proof of your claims...and sneak in the backdoor to spout bollocks when the adults are in bed.

Don't listen to him Laura. All these dacs may measure differently but you won't be able to hear it unless you look at the machine whilst using it. That way you can think up millions of magic ways it somehow enhances your audio chain. Hide it behide a couple of boxes and do a blindtest with say an iPhone and you won't be able to hear a difference. If you do I will be the first to call you a doctor:)
HAHAHA CHORD DAVE VS IPHONE what transducers did you use for your compassion? your tv speakers? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back