How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #1,171 of 3,657
[1] When the real question is: How do I convince all these noobs that they simply don't have golden ears?
[2] Differences are so obvious it's incredibly funny how some people trust their tiny calculator and quantifiable graphs but are not capable of knowing how to use their own ears ...

1. What does having golden ears got to do with it?
2. What's really "incredibly funny" is that audiophiles seem to think that they are the only ones who know how to use their ears, while those who've actually had their ears trained and use their ears for a living, don't. Just as "incredibly funny" is when you test how well those audiophiles really know how to use their ears!

If you actually had perfect human golden ears then you would be able to recognise that there is no difference. Therefore, if you are hearing differences which are "so obvious", then either your hearing/ears are seriously faulty or you are not a human being.

G

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #1,172 of 3,657
1. What does having golden ears got to do with it?
2. What's really "incredibly funny" is that audiophiles seem to think that they are the only ones who know how to use their ears, while those who've actually had their ears trained and use their ears for a living, don't. Just as "incredibly funny" is when you test how well those audiophiles really know how to use their ears!

If you actually had perfect human golden ears then you would be able to recognise that there is no difference. Therefore, if you are hearing differences which are "so obvious", then either your hearing/ears are seriously faulty or you are not a human being.

G
1- It has to do a lot, if you dont believe me just look at how you contradict yourself in this number 1 question when at the end of your post you also claim that if I have perfect golden ears I would be able to perceive the truth. This is another incredibly funny thing you just did here.

2- Actually many many audiophiles are aware of differences in perception, ear shape, ear training, experience, age, room acoustics, etc etc, the fact that you think audiophiles don't know this just shows how narrow minded you are in this hobby. This is also really really funny, maybe you should do comedy for audiophiles, then you will find a hobby that truly fullfill you.

And not to be rude but if everything sounds the same to you why bother with this forum, go get yourself a pair of beats and plug it in to your samsung phone and be happy for the rest of your life because you my friend don't have golden ears, you have DIAMOND EARS! look at it from the positive side, you cannot tell quality so everything is top notch for your ears, and thats great!

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #1,174 of 3,657
And not to be rude but if everything sounds the same to you why bother with this forum, go get yourself a pair of beats and plug it in to your samsung phone and be happy for the rest of your life because you my friend don't have golden ears, you have DIAMOND EARS! look at it from the positive side, you cannot tell quality so everything is top notch for your ears, and thats great!

Electrostatico, there are definitely things you can do to improve sound quality, but audiophiles often focus on all the wrong things. Headphones and speakers matter. Room acoustics matter. A balanced frequency response matters. Listening to well recorded and engineered music matters. Cables, amps and DACs don't generally matter, unless they are defective or you are using them in a way that isn't their intended use.

Human ears are 100% human. There are things that human ears just can't hear. The things that many audiophiles worry about and spend gobs of money on are often inaudible. It's better to focus on things that count. It's really good to do a little research to understand the basics of how sound reproduction works and where the thresholds of human hearing lie. That can help you sort out the BS from the useful stuff.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #1,175 of 3,657
I thought that "night and day" was expectation bias. does that mean night and day different=a tad=0.07bananas?
the case of balanced cables is a little peculiar as it also involves a different output or even a different amp sometimes. so just dismissing the possibility of an audible difference without more information may be a little hasty. of course the most likely difference is loudness and whatever impact the change in impedance has on the headphone. so that much should be checked before drawing conclusions on what a balanced cable does to sound. but even if it's only that, the listener is indeed going to perceive a change in sound, so that much must be acknowledge.

of course having better hearing or simply being more able to notice specific variations thanks to experience, could explain why some people notice things that other do not.
just like having something looking different or having a significant difference in price, can be enough to force the brain into believing that the all experience is different, including sound even when there is nothing audibly different. we suck real bad at isolating our senses at will, and that's been confirmed so many times in so many ways that it's just irrational to dismiss the possibility.
or it could be that the main electrical change is a difference in loudness, as I mentioned above for balanced vs single ended experiences. then there is a clear and very real change in sound indeed^_^. it's simply not something worth paying for when we could get it by slightly turning the volume knob on the other gear.
or...

there are several possibilities, so the important thing IMO is to be able to confirm which one concerns our own experience. and to do that, we need a properly controlled experiment. that way we hopefully get the truth. which IMO is better than cherry picking the answer that satisfies us, declare it truth, and then treat those who cherry picked something else as if they were silly puppies. unreliable experiences are unreliable no matter if the guy ends up agreeing with me or not.
I agree the eyes can play a big roll in the way we perceive sound, so closing eyes and applying experience of having to listen to a very familiar song since you had memory across several audio systems can help with the synthomps of false perceptions, BUT thats nothing compare to plain saying cables dont make a difference and that all amps sound the same hahahah what a great trolling subject, like I said its all so very funny to me but I wont laugh too hard because like I also said, I understand those who cant perceive differences, they truly must think the rest of us are crazy and full of snake oil

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #1,176 of 3,657
Electrostatico, there are definitely things you can do to improve sound quality, but audiophiles often focus on all the wrong things. Headphones and speakers matter. Room acoustics matter. A balanced frequency response matters. Listening to well recorded and engineered music matters. Cables, amps and DACs don't generally matter, unless they are defective or you are using them in a way that isn't their intended use.

Human ears are 100% human. There are things that human ears just can't hear. The things that many audiophiles worry about and spend gobs of money on are often inaudible. It's better to focus on things that count. It's really good to do a little research to understand the basics of how sound reproduction works and where the thresholds of human hearing lie. That can help you sort out the BS from the useful stuff.

hahaha thats not true at all! you guys are making me laugh really hard! please dont stop, a bigger troll has arrived! And I'm here to defend the truth and all those who have been bullied in this thread.
Audiophiles dont often focus on the things that dont matter, actually most audiophiles first focus on the most important things first such as the transducers and the source and then with time they start discovering the changes in cables and other components, so dont give me that BS you are trying to sort me out from LOL

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #1,177 of 3,657
Cables and modern solid state amps are generally audibly transparent if they are used properly. If you know any specific models that are clearly different under controlled testing, I would like to know about them. If you can help us verify your findings, we would certainly appreciate it. No one who claims to hear differences has been able to do that yet.

You aren't making a very strong first impression though. I suspect that you've wandered into the wrong forum. What passes in the rest of Head-Fi doesn't necessarily fly here. We have a higher standard. You actually have to back up your claims here with testing and verification.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #1,178 of 3,657
and the BIGGEST LOL of all until now goes to:

they guys who think all amps sound the same unless they are faulty HAHAHAHAHreally this is hilarious, just like those who refuse to use their eyes and believe that we all are born equally and with the same opportunities, education, and treatment in life hahaha lets keep up this humor, im really enjoying it!! :)

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #1,179 of 3,657
Cables and modern solid state amps are generally audibly transparent if they are used properly. If you know any specific models that are clearly different under controlled testing, I would like to know about them. If you can help us verify your findings, we would certainly appreciate it. No one who claims to hear differences has been able to do that yet.

You aren't making a very strong first impression though. I suspect that you've wandered into the wrong forum. What passes in the rest of Head-Fi doesn't necessarily fly here. We have a higher standard. You actually have to back up your claims here with testing and verification.
HAHAHAHA sure im in the wrong forum where everybody swaps dacs and amps and the opinions of how they change the sound is the true fuel of what drives this website activity, sure I'm in the wrong place hahaha I hope I dont need to explain sarcasm to you but it wouldn't surprise me if I have to do so, since the impression you are leaving me about you.

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #1,180 of 3,657
I see after 79 pages no ones convincing anyone about anything. The caveat is using a cable, a dac, or an amp "properly" is the key for them to all sound the same. LOL

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #1,181 of 3,657

HAHAHAH again with the comedy for audiophiles!! LOL SO this guy wants me to show proof of amps that are different and sound different? hahaha I tell you what... Why don't you show us proof of amps that are different and sound the same hahaha I bet there are a few findings in the thousands and thousands of amps available in this PLANET that sound "almost" the same. Now compare that to the millions of combinations I can give you of "X" amp vs "y" amp that sound different..... do you SEE whats happening here? a big LOL and im not even good at math nor I have a golden tiny calculator with quantifiable graphs !!!

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #1,182 of 3,657
IU
I see after 79 pages no ones convincing anyone about anything. The caveat is using a cable, a dac, or an amp "properly" is the key for them to all sound the same. LOL
You are not seeing clear...I actually unofficially have closed this thread and marked it as solved in my very first post, thats why with zero success some here have tried to debunk my opinions . But the truth is out there son, and only a few pages back my friend :)

edit: their calculators most be driving them crazy to those who cant perceive differences, and I don't blame them, I would be acting the same if I was an expert calculator/graph but my ears can't perceive otherwise, same thing son, they call us crazy and we call them crazy :) but all we need to be thankful for what we have, some of us have better ears, others have better brains for numbers

edit #2 : after reading again I have to say sorry I didnt see you are in my side (the side of the real truth). so yeah how ridiculous for them to say using proper dac amp and whatever has no comparison to another system rig HAHAHA I bet they drive tiny SMART cars and believe they perform like a ferrari just because it also has 4 wheels and they are all properly attached to the rest of the car

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #1,183 of 3,657
Come on if used properly, there is no difference in audio. You must be operating the components improperly

Nov 6, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #1,184 of 3,657
Come on if used properly, there is no difference in audio. You must be operating the components improperly
Yes, thats why I come here everyday and try to convince everyone that my properly attached 1st gen earpods properly connected to my iphone sound just as amazing as your hugo tt properly attached to some beyers or some focal headphones ULTRA BIG LOL

Nov 6, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #1,185 of 3,657
I dont need to explain sarcasm to you but it wouldn't surprise me if I have to do so, since the impression you are leaving me about you.

Oh no. Don't feel that you are required to correspond with me. We both get to judge each other by our behavior. Rest assured you are being judged. You're making it easy in fact.

I see after 79 pages no ones convincing anyone about anything.

That's what you get when one side requires proof to back up statements, and the other side has none. As I've said before, this thread attracts audiophools like moths to a flame. They see the argument and the supporting evidence and just want to thread crap all over it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back