How do I balance headphones when Windows 10 offers no left/right control
Jun 7, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #16 of 21
Well - as you will see my Devices Sound screen does not have a Device Properties section but this might be as this particular copy of Windows 10 is not activated - mmm... Either way I've only got ganged output control in Windows.

Devices Settings screenprint.png

Jun 7, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #21 of 21
Well - I re-installed Equalizer AOP and this time no objection from Windows. However apart from the old chestnut of what appears to be left/right outputs swapped somewhere in the PC chain, or at least the interface shows them to be (I know the music presents correctly at the headphones from familiar instrument placement) I discovered that I have something approaching 6db deficiency in my right near! Anybody want to buy some hifi? Seriously thoiugh, its probably particular frequencies that are affected and I'd be eq-ing until I'm blue in the face to level those out. So.. thanks for introducing me to these solutions but I've decided to live with it. Just to say as a newbie to the forum it is brilliantly well informed and contributors helpful and thoughtful. I'll be sticking with Head-fi, that is certain. Cheers.

Allan
Silly question, but did you turn the headphone around to make sure the imbalance or part of it doesn't come from your gear?

It might be worth it to have your usual doc or an audiologist look that up. Maybe it's something that could use help, maybe it's as silly as some wax in your ear and you'll feel like new after one visit. And if there is real damage to your ear, they could help you locate where it happens(which frequencies are most impacted) and suggest what to do to help Or more importantly what not to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back