How Difficult Would it be to...
Jan 21, 2004 at 6:50 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
it would be a real pain to turn each knob at the same level for them to be balanced left to right (unless the pots are "notched" or something).

Thus the crazy display on the Grace 904.

Jan 22, 2004 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 21
jefemeister and xtreme4099, thanks for clearing that up. I have good understanding of monoblock design, I just was unsure how it would apply to a headphone amp. Never mind. I'll stick with a more conventional design.

Jan 22, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #18 of 21
and the discrete buffer which improves clarity and dynamics should be out in a few weeks ... ive heard the proto runnin at battery friendly 20ma instead of the 60ma ... even at the that is was incredible sounding ... team ppa is coming out with more stuff to improve the ppa anyway, so just you wait.

Jan 22, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
Thus the crazy display on the Grace 904.

Eh?

The 904 has balanced outputs?!

Does it have stepped attenuators or pots?
No, I'm not getting any funny ideas. I'm just curious.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Jan 23, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by xtreme4099
and the discrete buffer which improves clarity and dynamics should be out in a few weeks ...... so just you wait.

Yeah, I'm waiting, alright! But after purchasing my 600s, I just know I can get more out of them. My only problem is I really need to listen to things before I plunk down cash. I've been watching for the Seattle meet, but it just doesn't look like its going to happen this month. Oh well, mroe time to burn in my new 'phones, right?

Jan 23, 2004 at 1:25 AM Post #21 of 21
yeah talked to wilson who wants to set it up at experience audio ... next month most likely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back