How can I improve my system?
Jul 23, 2002 at 2:22 AM Post #16 of 23
I would suggest upgrading your IC and go from there. I prefer to use hybrid cables (copper silver mix). I use Straightwire Crescendos for my entire system, including my MG Head OTL. I have also upgraded all of my power cables to Virtual Image and Ensemble Megaflux. The Straightwire Crescendo's are a little pricey, even on the used market, but worth every penny!!!

Jul 23, 2002 at 6:34 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
Tim
?? I've not once heard anyone say that he or she preferred the ART DI/O to the Cary. I think the point was to "upgrade."

good point....go for an MSB Gold brother!!!

Jul 23, 2002 at 9:42 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
psssssss. . .

cardas interconnects. . .
biggrin.gif

<runs away hiding with his precious outlaws>

wink.gif

bah...who needs cardas when there is nordost
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 23, 2002 at 10:23 AM Post #19 of 23
If you're happy with the way the HD600s sound, upgrade the cables. Cardas or Equinox depending on which way you lean.

Definitely upgrade cables for a CDP of Cary's caliber. I think I'll leave you on your own for that one. Cables come in many flavors, it's up to you which one you want to lean towards. I like the Cardas Neutral References myself. Given the Neutral Refs are all copper and what they're capable of, I'm inclined to believe silver or copper may not be that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Don't cheap out on a power cord either...start small or big, but get something to replace that POS $3 cable that comes with it.

Jul 23, 2002 at 12:28 PM Post #20 of 23
Which Cary does Kieran have anyway? 303/200? 306/200?

I believe there are people who actually upgrade the 306/200.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2002 at 2:47 PM Post #21 of 23
Get a B.P.T. BP-Jr. That good of a system will truly shine on balanced power.

Jul 23, 2002 at 3:50 PM Post #22 of 23
I didn't believe much in isolation effects until I heard two high end rack/platforms a/b'ed with a good turntable. Big difference in bass response.

I'm sure CD players are much less sensitive to vibration than tt's, but I'll be that some fancy feet, or a rack or a platform will get you some improvement.

Then there is electromagnetic isolation: a power conditioner, shielded power cord, or even a device to get EM isolation between the Cary and the Headmaster.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2002 at 12:16 PM Post #23 of 23
Thanks for the replies everyone. People on this board are so helpful. I knew I could count on you guys to help me part with some more of my money. Seriously, from the responses it looks like the next step is cables and interconnects. I love the Cary 303/200 so I do not think there is any need to upgrade the source anytime soon. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back