How can I demo MS2i? Do I buy on faith?
Mar 24, 2006 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Lerman

New Head-Fier
I've outgrown my SR80s (thank you very much, Head-Fi, thou Siren, thou ruthless temptress!) and having tried what I can find at stores in NYC am leaning towards 325i. Just cotton to that Grado sound. I "get" the others, but not for me.

Anyway, I don't want to shell out $300 without seriously considering the well-thought-of MS2i. But it's not for sale anywhere but Alessandro, yes? Do I just buy it and hope?

Thoughts, suggestions appreciated. Thanks,

Josh

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 10
I think your only shot would be through another Head-Fier, or at a meet. Are you coming to the national meet? My MS2i will be there, most likely.

Mar 24, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 10
When you are not sure about a certain can i would highly advise you not to buy new but get used.Good condition ones pop up almost every week for a reasonable price.There are a couple just in the forums as i speek.

Mar 24, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #4 of 10
national meet
national meet
national meet
national meet
national meet
national meet
national meet
national meet

Mar 25, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #8 of 10
you are in NYC, next month just hop on the train or carpool it to queens, and you'll see a bevy of cans to make you cry. think about it, check the meet subforum, and sign up for the waiting list, it's free to get in!

oh, and if you write something that Audio Technica likes, you can man their table and get a free headphone. which is better than paying for a can, right?

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 10
where do i get MS2i's???!!!!! They are not on alessandro's website. Are they discontinued or not??
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back