How can i balance sound to be around 90% in left phone and 10% in right phone?
Jul 27, 2017 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BASTIL

New Head-Fier
Hello, this is rather complicated one. First things first, i use Tascam TH-02 with a soundcard.

I'm mostly deaf on my right ear and i wanted to play with headphones over speakers for various reasons, but when playing 3D video games, i couldn't hear anything that was at 3 o'clock of my character, because 100% of "focus" went to right phone - which i couldn't obviously hear. When looking at source of sound directly in front of me, everything is good - when source of sound is directly to my left, everything is good too.

Is there any way to make left phone turn into "100% focus" instead of my right phone when sound comes from 3 o'clock?

I've tried balancing it to be 20-0 in left:right ear in Windows settings (http://i.imgur.com/uTSxQlP.png , 1 was Left, 2 was Right - this screenshot is from speakers, not headphones) but instead of balance, it just changed volume that gets out of phones for louder and quieter.

Is there any way to make it work? I must admit i'm completely green, thanks in advance for help.

Jul 27, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #2 of 5
if changing balance alone doesn't cut it, maybe you could try something like the Razer surround software. I remember a few years back demoing it and you select the direction where you think the sound comes from, I don't know if it will allow for changes big enough for you but it might help.

Jul 27, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 5
arf. sorry about that, as I said I tried it some years ago when it first came out, maybe they offered a more complete demo back then? I also wouldn't pay for a software I can't properly test first(what's the point of the demo if we can't calibrate???). plus it was only me making a pretty wild guess. after all their system is still based on some average human criteria with(I suppose) pretty even hearing. so there is nothing to say that the calibration process would extend to your very specific situation. and then there is the unavoidable extra delay for whatever processing they use that might be a deal killer in games.
maybe drop a message to Razer explaining your situation and asking what they think. chances are it will be a waste of time and the guy reading won't even understand the question, but who knows? they're still the more likely to know what their software can and cannot do.

I can't say that I have a clear alternative aside from fooling around with both balance and EQ(one that does independent left/right EQ). but going to tackle that issue from scratch without any user interface aimed at subjective direction might be quite a terribly long and difficult job. :frowning2:
do you feel less troubled when using speakers by any chance? does changing the balance while using speakers result in something better for you than when doing it on headphone?

Jul 27, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 5
When i use speakers i don't have such problem, because instead of direct sound to left/right ear, sound is "in the air".
I thought about using headphones to have better depth of sound - to feel even greater immersion from games. I guess i'll message razer and make a new post every once in a while, maybe that'll give results

Users who are viewing this thread

Back