How best to get a fit with UE 4's and 5's?
Dec 4, 2008 at 7:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

FYDave

Banned
Hi guys,

I did a search on this subject earlier but didn't really find anything that helped too much except for some of the threads that showed some tips on how to modify the stock buds that come with UE's, Shure's, etc.

Anyways, I was wondering how you guys might recommend getting the best seal out of UE's? In particular the UE Super.fi 5 EB's. I've got those and the Super.fi 4vi's. I noticed that the 4's definitely seem to have a better seal and I'm wondering if maybe I'm just using the wrong size bud for the 5's or if they just naturally feel more loose in the ear?

Any tips or responses would be great!
dt880smile.png

Dec 5, 2008 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by FYDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,

I did a search on this subject earlier but didn't really find anything that helped too much except for some of the threads that showed some tips on how to modify the stock buds that come with UE's, Shure's, etc.

Anyways, I was wondering how you guys might recommend getting the best seal out of UE's? In particular the UE Super.fi 5 EB's. I've got those and the Super.fi 4vi's. I noticed that the 4's definitely seem to have a better seal and I'm wondering if maybe I'm just using the wrong size bud for the 5's or if they just naturally feel more loose in the ear?

Any tips or responses would be great!
dt880smile.png

I've experienced something similar with UE's. I get a perfect and lasting fit with a very good seal with medium silicons on my super.fi 5 pro. Hovewer, with triple.fi 10, which have exactly the same nozzle and use exactly the same tips, even though i get a good seal, the fit is not good, it doesn't hold in place.
I found out that even though the in-ear bit on both is the same, the body (housing) of triple.fi is larger (by approx 1.5mm in diameter) than super.fi and that prevents it from a stable fit - it's being edged out from the ear. So even though the seal is ok for a while, the in-ear bit doesn't stay in place. It's not because it's too loose - it's the opposite, too little space in the ear to accomodate the housing of triple.fi. Try to check first if that's not your case (as sf5eb are larger than sf4vi). If the nozzle and the tip of sf4 are ok, the same tip&nozzle should be ok on sf5eb and there must be something different causing troubles.

Dec 5, 2008 at 11:20 AM Post #4 of 4
Check the link in my sig. It's the best mod I've seen for UE's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back