how bad is wireless?
Oct 23, 2002 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

poorimpulsectrl

100+ Head-Fier
situation : creek OBH-11 amp connected to computer (where the majority of my music is), beyer dt770-250 headphones

I'd like to be able to listen to my headphones when laying in bed, but running cable so that the amp is beside my bed would obviously not be a good idea. Not to mention inconvenient, since I would spend the majority of my time listening at the computer.

How bad do wireless receivers/transmitters affect the sound? I'd like to be able to plug my headphones into a wireless receiver beside my bed, receiving from my amp at my computer (I have an infrared remote to control my computer when not at it).

It would be nice if there was a relatively low cost solution that wouldn't completely take away from the quality of sound. I did a search for wireless on the forum and it seems as though people don't think much of wireless headphones, but what about the receiver / transmitters available?

If anyone has any suggestions or alternatives it'd be appreciated.

Oct 23, 2002 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 11
Uhm, I've only got some experience with an inexpensive infrared solution (Sony MDR-IF50K), which is convinient and sounds ok, but far from great. But what about just running an elongation cable from the headphone out of your amp to the bed?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Oct 23, 2002 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by puppyslugg
Not as bad a wireless hp's, IMHO.

Definitely!

Manfred / lini

Oct 23, 2002 at 7:49 PM Post #6 of 11
I have a wireless receiver / transmitter.
It's RF, and using it for what you said would result in poor sound quality.
It would be a weak link in your set-up.

Oct 24, 2002 at 3:02 AM Post #9 of 11
markertek made a pretty decent one for less made out of canare star quad mic cable and swithcraft connectors, give it a try and let us now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back