How bad is smoke for headphones?
Jan 20, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #17 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphie

Pretty bad, when it's coming out of them.

Jan 20, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #18 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I hate buying stuff and having it reek for cigarette smoke, or worse yet, has a dirty yellow residue. Yuck.

-Ed

Agreed, the smell of smoke eminating from the cans to me is nauseating, if the cans are covered with smoke resdue it feels slimey and gets on your hair and face along with the odor.

Jan 20, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #19 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
Team Smoke Outside!
etysmile.gif

Word.

Jan 20, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #22 of 49
Well it doesn't affect any others except Grado. Since you have Grado OH WELL your gonna have to stop smoking and I mean NOW or else your Grados will start coughing on you.

Jan 20, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
for something as open as grado it'll eb very bad. the chemical will stick to teh driver and degrade the sound quality, and it willbe hard to remove or cant be remove.

Or it could end up being the ultimate tweak!
wink.gif

Jan 20, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #24 of 49
I used to work tech support at a computer store, and I can tell you all horror stories about PCs that smokers brought in. One of the worst had the dirty yellow residue caked inside the machine and stunk so bad we had to let it air out outside for 3 days.
blink.gif

Anyway sorry about hijacking the thread. Just that reading it brought back some bad memories.. heh

Jan 21, 2005 at 9:39 AM Post #26 of 49

Really bad if the headphones themselves are smoking; not so bad otherwise.

Jan 23, 2005 at 2:43 AM Post #27 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus

Really bad if the headphones themselves are smoking; not so bad otherwise.

You dropped that so casually. HAHA that was funny!

Jan 23, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #28 of 49
Hell yea team smoke outside.../in cars, and on chairlifts...

LOL

<<<<<< incase you didn't notice, my bunny friend over there likes to smoke too...LOL

Jan 23, 2005 at 3:41 AM Post #29 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan the audioman
Hell yea team smoke outside.../in cars, and on chairlifts...

LOL

<<<<<< incase you didn't notice, my bunny friend over there likes to smoke too...LOL

My frog likes to smoke too.

When I have bought used headphones I have asked to make sure they have not been smoked around. I wouldn't consider a pair that have.

Whether it will physically ruin them, why find out the hard way.

Jan 23, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #30 of 49
I can't believe you're more worried about your headphones than your health. You can buy new grados in a couple of years, you can't buy new lungs. Sorry if I sound like a jerk but smokers kind of annoy me, I really see no good reason why anybody would smoke other than to "look cool" which I think is a pretty poor excuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back