How are you going to prepare for the apocolypse tomorrow?
May 20, 2011 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

Happy Camper

Headphoneus Supremus
A world wide destructive event is being predicted for tomorrow 6pm est. I guess I won't see the Blues win a cup. I am going to make some Mango margs, fajitas and guacamole dip.

May 20, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 78
I have planned on not making my bed and giving away my listening gear seeing as how we prolly will be without A.C. anyhoo ~

I'm really tired of being here anyway, and I'm ready to return to that from which we came ...

May 20, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 78
Last-Minute Rapture Reading List.

1. "Left Behind: A Novel of Earth's Last Days" by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. Published in 1995, it kicks off a 12-volume series of novels that illustrate the rapture. Worried you won't have time to read them all? Get a taste by watching the 2005 film "Left Behind: World At War" starring believer Kirk Cameron.

2. "The Book of Revelation for Dummies" by Richard Wagner and Larry R. Helyer. The yellow-and-black "For Dummies" series turned its attention to the Bible's Book of Revelation in 2008. But should you take seriously a book about the end times co-authored by a man named "Helyer"?

3. "The Late, Great Planet Earth" by Hal Lindsey with C.C. Carlson. Newton cites this as the granddaddy of end-times novels, and it sets the bar much lower for entrance to heaven than Camping's theology. It was a 1970 New York Times bestseller.

4. "1994?" by Harold Camping. In this 1993 book, Camping predicted the end of the world would arrive in 1994. But just in case he was wrong, he added that question mark to the title.

5. "The Bible." Go back to the source.

6. "The Inferno" by Dante Alighieri. It's the "Scared Straight!" of 14th century epic poetry. After you're done with this, you'll want to be saved.

7. "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell" by Tucker Max. If Dante doesn't scare you off sin, the prospect of being trapped in eternity with Tucker Max might do the trick.

8. "Heaven Is for Real" by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent. The story of a little boy who sees heaven and lives to tell about it has been burning up bestseller lists. I mean, flying.

9. "God Is Not Great" by Christopher Hitchens. End-time reading for skeptics and nonbelievers.

10. "The Survivors Club" by Ben Sherwood. Thinking you'll be left behind? Learn tactics and strategies from survivors of mountain lion attacks, natural calamities and concentration camps.

11. "The Kama Sutra" by Vatsyayana. If the rapture happens without you, why not enjoy yourself? The ancient Hindu guide for lovemaking includes practical advice for sexual intercourse, including a number of illustrations. 

- Tick-Tock-

May 20, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 78
I'm going to take all of my money out of the bank and party like a rock star.  I'm not sure what's going to happen though when I wake up on Sunday morning, broke and hung over, though.  
eek.gif

May 20, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 78
I wonder how this will effect different time zones?  After all, it's not like the Bible was written in the United States.  As such, I would expect the ending of the world to actually occur a day early due to the location where it was supposedly written in earnest.

May 21, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #7 of 78
I bought a powerball ticket, that is all.

Dude was wrong in 1993 so his track record is at least 0-1 so far.

Tucker Max is the man!

The world is not going to "end" until late 2012 when the paradigm will radically shift.

This is what my client tells me anyway.

May 21, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #8 of 78

Quote:
I wonder how this will effect different time zones?  After all, it's not like the Bible was written in the United States.  As such, I would expect the ending of the world to actually occur a day early due to the location where it was supposedly written in earnest.

YA it is already started here! A once in a lifetime event! Trying to get some photos..............................................................................................................................

May 21, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #10 of 78
6PM EST?

Guess I'll have to get to the bar a little earlier than planned tomorrow. Or maybe I'll go to Mexico. There's a lot of fun to be had down there.

Though what does this mean about the Mayan calendar changeover on December 21, 2012?

May 21, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #13 of 78

Quote:
Spend my day thinking about how awesome it would be if this actually happened:

Wait one... Is that Randy Savage being sucked up ??? Holy Hanna ~

May 21, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #15 of 78
@shigzeo...there you are!  Don't really see you until the rapture?  What's up?  Er, make it fast because we don't have much time...

EDIT: I don't want to go until I have heard the CLAS with Pico Slim...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back