how about this setup? a pair of HP-2's
May 1, 2004 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ayt999

Headphoneus Supremus
just got another one in the mail. so what do you guys think of this setup? I wonder what I should use the second set of cans for... oh right, Head-Fi group photos!! I am most likely getting another amp and source at least, but for now this will do... they do seem to match in color quite well though.
biggrin.gif

Grace901andHP2.jpg

May 1, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 13
You don't need them both. Let me have one
biggrin.gif
btw very nice.

May 1, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 13
yes I do!! the other output on the Grace 901 would feel lonely if I only have one HP-2 plugged in.
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 13
There are much better ways to drive a HP-2 than a Grace. I'm looking forward to you getting to try them out at the San Jose mini-meet!
evil_smiley.gif

May 1, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
There are much better ways to drive a HP-2 than a Grace. I'm looking forward to you getting to try them out at the San Jose mini-meet!
evil_smiley.gif

ya, like I said... I am getting another source and amp later on. the grace was something I got since it was decent in price, has an onboard DAC, and seemed to be good for low impedance cans (I only had AT cans at the time, and yeah... it isn't the best match for AT cans either. they do the job though.). I hope your evil plans work and I find a nice deal somewhere. I am shooting for an EAR HP-4 currently, seen any for sale?

May 3, 2004 at 4:09 PM Post #6 of 13
those Hp-2's look sweet.
Maybe one day whenthe PS-1 make it to the 2nd hand market , I might think of getting the HP-1K since it will go down in price.
At least me hopes.

May 3, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar
those Hp-2's look sweet.
Maybe one day whenthe PS-1 make it to the 2nd hand market , I might think of getting the HP-1K since it will go down in price.
At least me hopes.

Actually, the HP-2s HAVE been going down in price. Why, just half a year ago, they were going for $1000+! The recent ads have been selling for below $800..

May 3, 2004 at 6:24 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar
those Hp-2's look sweet.
Maybe one day when the PS-1 make it to the 2nd hand market , I might think of getting the HP-1K since it will go down in price.
At least me hopes.

though the PS-1 may be pricey, they are available... later on when production stops I don't think as many will be on the market second hand (I know I wouldn't want to sell the PS-1 considering how I have been told that they are better than the HP-2. and I like the HP-2 already.) so those will carry a premium as well and sell for more than the current $1400 at TTVJ. also, the HP-1000 pricing will go up due to the rarity of both cans and the price increase of the PS-1 will allow the HP-1000 series to increase without fear of getting close to the price of the better PS-1 can.

May 3, 2004 at 6:27 PM Post #10 of 13
nice phones! i still prefer wood over anything else

(don't even)

May 3, 2004 at 6:29 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinchy
Actually, the HP-2s HAVE been going down in price. Why, just half a year ago, they were going for $1000+! The recent ads have been selling for below $800..

less than $800? I didn't get them for that cheap, but then I went for the ones in excellent condition with most of the lettering intact (at most only a small fraction of a letter or two is gone) and few scratches so considering that it isn't too bad. the ones for less than $800 usually have a lot of the lettering on the cups taken off or none at all.

I wish I can find a NOS pair somewhere.
biggrin.gif
and get an HP-1 to add to the collection of course.

May 3, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef
nice phones! i still prefer wood over anything else

(don't even)

well, my wooden cans still outnumber the metal cans so it is all good here. I will always be an audio-technica headphone addict.
L3000.gif

where is that audio-technica smilie... I really should do something about this.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back