Houston Head-Fi Meet #1 on October 25
Oct 23, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #196 of 239
Ok, I'm in love. The Woo 6 with stock tubes and no burn-in blows away the Yamaha AND beats my Predator pretty badly also. I'm warming up the SE now.

The Princess is on deck.
beerchug.gif

Review and comparison will be coming after I've had some time with them.

Oct 23, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #197 of 239
Uh, step back, while I whip this out...

ges2.jpg

oh, and again.

ges1.jpg

Then, bear in mind it's big brothers will both be there as well. KG triplets, and not sure if any Headfi meet has ever had all three flavors at once.

Not gonna be a pretty day for the dynamics.
wink_face.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #198 of 239
Yikes! We better stay upstairs at the kid's table!!!

Oct 23, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #200 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by s1rrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm currently using both (alternating) the Bendix 2C51 and the Tung Sol 396A in the Havana.

cool. I really like the TS, say 1950s vintage, or the LM Ericsson same vintage.

also, I might need some sort of mini-mini cables, as both of my new portables don't have anything to plug into.. I have a RCA-MINI that's nice and long that can suffice I suppose...

Oct 23, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #201 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then, bear in mind it's big brothers will both be there as well. KG triplets, and not sure if any Headfi meet has ever had all three flavors at once

add the SRM-001 and we have four 'stat amps
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #202 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool. I really like the TS, say 1950s vintage, or the LM Ericsson same vintage.

also, I might need some sort of mini-mini cables, as both of my new portables don't have anything to plug into.. I have a RCA-MINI that's nice and long that can suffice I suppose...

I have an APS 1/8->1/8... no word on the Bijou...
confused_face(1).gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #204 of 239
Well, the Bijou is at least alive, but won't make it to Houston... along with the HD650 and Enigma Oracle cable. Simply could not be helped, but she just isn't ready. There was a pic on the Bijou thread, but posts from the last 3 hours have, somehow, disappeared.

Oct 23, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #205 of 239
Well the Buffalo loaner DAC from Naamanf arrived today, and after a little scare from a faulty coaxial cable it is playing beautiful music.

This and the β22 should at least help level the playing field with the stat rigs a little bit. At least us dynamic boys won't be embarrassed.

Oh BTW, does anyone have an extra coaxial digital cable they can bring? Mine seems to have developed a short I guess.

Oct 23, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #206 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the Buffalo loaner DAC from Naamanf arrived today, and after a little scare from a faulty coaxial cable it is playing beautiful music.

This and the β22 should at least help level the playing field with the stat rigs a little bit. At least us dynamic boys won't be embarrassed.

Oh BTW, does anyone have an extra coaxial digital cable they can bring? Mine seems to have developed a short I guess.

I've got a really nice CryoTweaks Pure Silver coax (RCA to RCA).

Also have a nice sounding Zu Firemine coax (all copper RCA to RCA).

Whichever one I don't use is yours for the meet if you need it.

Best.

Oct 23, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #207 of 239
Hope the HE1.2b made it to Marc from naamanf... at least we have a pic of the Bijou... I most hate that i won't have the Enigma Oracle Senn cable to shoot out with the APS v3 - you know, objective opinions, given my very strong bias on the subject.

Oct 23, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #208 of 239
Quote:

Hope the HE1.2b made it to Marc from naamanf... at least we have a pic of the Bijou... I most hate that i won't have the Enigma Oracle Senn cable to shoot out with the APS v3 - you know, objective opinions, given my very strong bias on the subject.

At least we can judge it against my Black Clover Senn. cable, though it's balanced.

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #210 of 239
Will the poor little unbalanced dynamics folks still be allowed in the clubhouse?!?
beyersmile.png

j/k - Looks like it is going to be a fantastic meet!!!! I am really looking forward to it.

Quote:

Uh, step back, while I whip this out...

ges2.jpg

oh, and again.

ges1.jpg

Then, bear in mind it's big brothers will both be there as well. KG triplets, and not sure if any Headfi meet has ever had all three flavors at once.

Not gonna be a pretty day for the dynamics.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back