Houston Head-Fi Meet #1 on October 25
Oct 21, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #181 of 239
There are never enough good sources, so bringing extra could turn out to be a good thing... my problem now is a lack of enough cables, though 3 more Quail power cords should be here today.

Might have to have something mailed to Houston - anyone get EARLY Saturday delivery?

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #182 of 239
I definitely do not. Mine doesn't come until around 1PM.

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #183 of 239
Excellent news on the Havana!!!

As for mail, mine seems to arrive at random times throughout the day... sometimes early (10ish), sometimes late (4pm-ish).

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #184 of 239
Some random words from the Overclock.net Headphone Club Thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sending a 3' Reference Elite with Cardas SLVR plugs and a demo to a potential upgrade to my Resolution series. It would replace the Resolution Elite, to be placed in S1rrah's care for the Houston meet.

And care shall be taken.

Thanks, sir.

Can't wait to listen.

(Woo Audio, Soloz Audio, MHDT Labs, Grover Cable, and more)

All making uber fine demo contributions to our humble little (20 perz max) Houston Meet.

It's really turned out better than myself or Orcin could have imagined.

(Mind you, Orcin did all the work and I simply pushed/nudged him too)
L3000.gif

Thanks again.

.joel

Soloz, of Soloz Audio fame, is sending the woodied D2000's to me for the meet.

He's also providing a couple of different (silver based) cables for demo.

If I were a vendor of sorts ... I'd be just as gracious as those listed above.

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #185 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are never enough good sources, so bringing extra could turn out to be a good thing... my problem now is a lack of enough cables, though 3 more Quail power cords should be here today.

Very On Point(tm) comment.

Because of it, I'm going to be bringing my Paradisea+ *as well* as the donated Havana DAC.

Also ... I've got a couple different cables coming in from Soloz Audio (silver based with Cardas plugs) ... if you care to use such as general RCA IC's.

Soloz is also sending me a DIY power cable ... something he claims is middle-ware fare but still ... something that might be better than the average, generic power cable.

I'll be bringing it all (just hate having to do all the "initials on duct tape" routine ... reminds me of summer camp when I was 12). :)

No worries.

Re: cables ... just ask around for "Joel" ... and I'll have some stuff for you.

Best.

beerchug.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 12:59 PM Post #187 of 239
I'm staying at Crowne Plaza (Priority Club, baby), but have to head back Saturday night. Maybe I will pack some lumber for a commission piece...
devil_face.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #188 of 239
I don't know what I'm going to do as far as accomodations ... late to the game I guess. I'm just trying to get everything done for the meet, as well as trying to meet a CFP for a conference deadline....

s1rrah: why not try the Bendix 2c51, or the old Tung-Sol? Both are very nice.

Oct 22, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #189 of 239
All the talk of sources got me to remember my laptop. One problem I can't find my optical cable.

If anyone has a spare mini-toslink to toslink cable they can lend for the meet it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Oct 22, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #190 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know what I'm going to do as far as accomodations ... late to the game I guess. I'm just trying to get everything done for the meet, as well as trying to meet a CFP for a conference deadline....

s1rrah: why not try the Bendix 2c51, or the old Tung-Sol? Both are very nice.

I'm currently using both (alternating) the Bendix 2C51 and the Tung Sol 396A in the Havana.

The way it's sounding, I'll probably have the Bendix 2C51 in the Havana and a Bendix 6385 in the Paradisea+.

BTW:

@Orcin: I found a guy online who has a decent Bendix 6385 for 100 bucks if you are interested.

Got him off of Audiogon and am waiting to hear back from him re: purchasing.

FYI.

Oct 22, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #191 of 239
Sure, I have an extra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All the talk of sources got me to remember my laptop. One problem I can't find my optical cable.

If anyone has a spare mini-toslink to toslink cable they can lend for the meet it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Oct 22, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #192 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by s1rrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Orcin: I found a guy online who has a decent Bendix 6385 for 100 bucks if you are interested.

Oh, I'm interested but I am going to pass until after I get the amp settled. I just bought a Bendix 2c51 and need to try it out. I'll be a confused but happy tube roller between the dac and the Woo amps that will be residing at my place for a few days.

Oct 22, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #193 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, I have an extra.

Thanks those things are hard to find, even online mini-toslink to regular optical cables are few and far between.

It will help for my laptop as a source but also a friend of mine who knew I was looking for a DAC has sent me a suprise. All I know is that it's scheduled to arrive Friday. All he would tell me is I needed optical for it to sound the best.
k701smile.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #194 of 239
The Woo amps are in da house! Warming one up now...

woox2.JPG

Oct 22, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #195 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Woo amps are in da house! Warming one up now...

woox2.JPG

Pretty.

smily_headphones1.gif

Post some prelim thoughts via PM or here.

I'm dieing to hear the immediate difference, if any, you detect over your Yamaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back