Hotrodding the X-Fi: A Layman's Guide (No 56k)
Dec 6, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #1,891 of 2,194
Quote:

Originally Posted by juswyq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
****..... Guys.. I think i really screwed up my xfi xtrememusic card.

Is there any way to remedy this or is my soundcard doomed to oblivion? This really sucks, i bought the soundcard when it was way expensive
frown.gif

HELP GUYS!!!! Thanks!

Just trace the track back to a pad, then run a thin insulated wire from that point to the corresponding leg on the OPAMP.

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #1,893 of 2,194
do you have any pics?
i have an audigy 2 zs i modded, if it's the same layout then i can help you. Quote:

Originally Posted by meiosis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, anyone here mod the Audigy2 ZS platinum pro [SB0360]

just swapped the op amp but have no clue which caps to replace or remove. thanks in advance

Dec 28, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #1,896 of 2,194
Ok well i tried the operation on my card today but unfortunately since i decided to unsolder the old Op-Amp i managed to pull off one of the tracks. Do i just need to trace the track back and solder a wire onto the corresponding pin on the new op-amp or is there something else i need to do?

Dec 28, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #1,897 of 2,194
you could try that. cross your fingers that the trace you lifted doesn't cross a via before the point it tore off...

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #1,899 of 2,194
Quote:

****..... Guys.. I think i really screwed up my xfi xtrememusic card.

While trying to remove the original opamp for L/R channel I accidentally scraped off the two of the eight contacts on the circuit board.. Now there are only 6 contacts for the 8 pins of the opamp. (Now sound only plays on the left channel)... HELP GUYS!!!! Thanks!

Reference picture, SB0460 (X-FI XtremeMusic), for another person, who ripped pads.... Good Luck!

- SB0460 - U2 Audio signal paths - reference for "ripped pad" wire repair
X-FI-MOD-099c - eSnips, share anything

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #1,901 of 2,194
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldrogers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone tired of their modded x-fi soundcard or ready for an upgrade and want to sell theirs?

LOL good luck bud. I have the very first one and still love it.

Feb 8, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #1,903 of 2,194
Quote:

Hey guys. I accidentally removed one of the small SMD components.. Is it necessary? Or can i go on without it?

XFIRECOVERY2.jpg

can you put it back?

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #1,904 of 2,194
Nope, the reason why I'm asking Is because when it fell out I can't find it. I didn't even notice it was gone when I lost it. If it's essential I guess I can take out the same component from one of the other channels, since I dont use the surround channels.

Feb 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #1,905 of 2,194
i would do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back