Hot Sauce-Fi
Aug 27, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #91 of 111
Mmmmh... chocolate-y.

ci0qe.jpg

Aug 27, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #93 of 111
Mmmm, I haven't had chocolate Habanero in a long time.

Though I get to pop Bird's Eye Chillies when I get bored at work. We always have a small bag for features kicking around somewhere. All the other cooks still think I'm nuts, and even more so when I remind them that these aren't all that bad.

Sep 4, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #95 of 111
Here's today's crime against tastebuds and the central nervous system. I put the rest of my homegrown Chocolates to (hopefully) good use - a mix of the usual Tabasco Sauce recipe and the widespread African way of preserving chilies in whisky, instead of vinegar. I let that concoction of Chocolate Habaneros, Scotch whisky, Himalaya salt rocks, and mono garlic cloves sit for a while and add more chilies when they're ripe. Not sure if I'll blend it when it's ready to go, but probably I will.

2cz7ubp.jpg

Sep 8, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #99 of 111
Anybody here use Spiracha sauce? It's in the bottle with a white rooster printed on it, and is common throughout Asian grocery stores and restaurants. You can even find it in places like Noodles and Company. It's not particularly hot but it does have a pleasing flavor that pairs well with pretty much anything out there - noodles, soups, hot dogs, fried chicken, etc etc. Good stuff.

Sep 12, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #100 of 111
I use Spiracha when I eat Vietnamese food.  That and some Hoisen sauce..

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #101 of 111
I'm an evil person.  Last year I ordered the Blair's Ultra Death.  One of my roommates is a fan of hotsauce so I made a bet with him that if he could take a shot of the Ultra Death and not drink milk for 15 minutes then I would give him 40 bucks.  Another guy got dragged into this too(friend of a friend).  I already knew I was keeping my 40 bucks, I just wanted to see what would happen.  They both downed the shots and lasted 5 minutes before rushing to the toilet where they threw up for atleast a couple of hours.  I of course was laughing while they had their faces in the toilet.

Sep 18, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #104 of 111

Quote:
Anybody here use Spiracha sauce? It's in the bottle with a white rooster printed on it, and is common throughout Asian grocery stores and restaurants. You can even find it in places like Noodles and Company. It's not particularly hot but it does have a pleasing flavor that pairs well with pretty much anything out there - noodles, soups, hot dogs, fried chicken, etc etc. Good stuff.

The Asian food store finally got the "super hot" Sriracha sauce in! Never tried it before - it tastes amazing, so much smoky flavor. It's not "super hot" at all, maybe a bit more than Tabasco, but it's really tasty.

fdejuo.jpg

Nov 22, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #105 of 111
Semillas.de, a very reputable store where I buy my seeds, has the new ridiculously stupid 7Pot chili strain in stock, supposed to be even hotter than the Naga. All seeds are EUR 1,- at the moment, not the price that's on the site, according to their newsletter: http://www.semillas.de/cgi-bin/shop_en/shop.cgi?shop=&product=Peppers%20A&cart_id=8102160.17602

Users who are viewing this thread

Back