biggrin.gif

Ok, its more like a comedy.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Whats your favorite or favourite?

Sep 27, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #3 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidtripwow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Exorscist! The scariest movie ever!! I saw it as a kid and as an adult I can't bring myself to see it again!

Exorcist is by far the scariest movie ever. Don't see it being topped anytime soon.

House Of 1,000 Corpses/ Devil's Rejects (second not really horror, but sequel to House)
Session 9
Evil Dead (a bit dated and goofy now, but pretty creepy when I was young)
The Shining
Exorcist 2 (pretty ridiculous story but scary)
Exorcism of Emily Rose
The Howling
Amityville Horror 2 (can look back and laugh at it now, but frightened the hell out of me when I was kid, and still fun)

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 87
Original Psycho - not really scary, but great story that kept me interested for most of the movie, which is more than I can say about most current movies.
Perkins was just so good, I loved the way he talked.

Nightmare on Elm Street 1 - great movie also, and not as "cheesy" as the sequels where Freddy turns into half clown half killer.

Ringu / Ju-On The Grudge - excellent horror movies also, especially the latter had some very freaky moments, while the former is more a "build-up" kind of movie.

I'm a sucker for cheesy horror movies though, and I'll watch just about anything that has a somewhat interesting premise.
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #5 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exorcist is by far the scariest movie ever. Don't see it being topped anytime soon.

Amityville Horror 2 (can look back and laugh at it now, but frightened the hell out of me when I was kid, and still fun)

Completely agree.

When I first saw the Exorcist, I was about 7 yrs old. I was sharing the upstairs with my older (by four years) sister. She was cruel. She would sit up in the bed and turn her head slowly to me and start talking in a devilish Linda Blair voice. Scared the living crap outta me! One time, when she was doing that, a picture fell from the wall for no apparent reason and it scared the living crap outta BOTH of us!! I still think that movie is scary!!

Going with the religious horror theme, I think the first time I saw the Omen it was pretty scary. I grew up in a strict Christian family and those kinds of movies had a terrifying effect on me. I think most of them are pretty funny now....except the Exorcist. Again, it is STILL one of the scariest movies I've seen...or perhaps ever will see.
eek.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 87
Recent highlights:

Slither
The Hills Have Eyes
Jeepers Creepers
28 Days Later
Dawn of the Dead (remake)
The Cave

Classics and personal faves:

The Thing
Evil Dead
The Exorcist
The Omen
The Amittyville Horror
The Living Dead Trilogy
Fright Night

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #7 of 87
Personal favourites: The Ring (liked the remake better than the original)
Los Sin Nombre
The Omen
The Others
Exorcism of Emily Rose

I don't think The Exorcist is a bad movie by any means but I always found it a bit of a snoozefest, especially the directors cut. The "possession scenes" are great however.

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #9 of 87
Suspiria
The Birds
The Brotherhood of Satan
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #10 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recent highlights:

Slither
The Hills Have Eyes
Jeepers Creepers
28 Days Later
Dawn of the Dead (remake)
The Cave

Classics and personal faves:

The Thing
Evil Dead
The Exorcist
The Omen
The Amittyville Horror
The Living Dead Trilogy
Fright Night

Have you seen The Descent? Similar to The Cave, and generally regarded as a better film.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you seen The Descent? Similar to The Cave, and generally regarded as a better film.

Funny enough, I came back to the thread to correct myself - indeed, I meant to say The Descent, although I've also seen The Cave and, to be honest, it was an entertaining crap-fest and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

One of the beautiful things about horror is just how bad it can be and still be good fun to watch. Notable let down in 2006? Snakes on a Plane. What a typical hype-machine let down that was.

Did anyone catch Cabin Fever? Forgot about that one too, and it was excellent!

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #13 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ringu / Ju-On The Grudge - excellent horror movies also, especially the latter had some very freaky moments, while the former is more a "build-up" kind of movie.

Nothing personal, but it annoys me when people call that movie "Ringu", and i imagine that japanese-americans find it offensive.

When i borrowed my friend Hiro's region-2 DVD of that movie before either the hollywood remake or the original japanese movie were released in the US, the cover on the box said "Ring" - in english.

ANYhoo, since I'm more of a foreign films fan than a horror films fan, I'm gonna say Les Yeux sans Visage - Billy Idol wrote a song about it.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #14 of 87
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

Sep 27, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #15 of 87
American Werewolf in London

The Thing (80's version)

The Shinning

Pet Cemetery

Storm of the Century

Amityville Horror (remake with Ryan Reynolds)

Serpent and the Rainbow

Poltergeist

Hellraiser II

Aliens

Exorcist

I know I have several more but that's is for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back