Horribly slow customer service
Jun 8, 2014 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

reginalb

1000+ Head-Fier
I have to tell this tale, because I've basically given up. I bought a 602 slim and had an issue with the screen after a week of ownership. I was the second owner, so I had no receipt, and wouldn't get warranty service as a result. Fine. On March 18 I sent away my HiFiMan 602 slim along with $60. I also sent it away that day.

I was told I would receive confirmation of it's receipt. After never hearing back (with a confirmed delivery of March 21) on emailed on the 26th to figure out what my status was. No response. I email again April 1 and they reply that they received it March 27th (I don't know if they have to ship from some point in the United States over to China, and that's why they are claiming receipt 6 days later than confirmed by FedEx, but no big deal. At that point, they ask for my address (already provided). So I send it again.

Eight days later I open a package from HiFiMan, and it's a 601 LE. I was not happy, so I send them a message about it, and they send me a shipping label to return it and send them their incorrect DAP back. I get a later email saying "They look alike, please send me pictures for reference). I send them a description of the differences, pictures of the front and back, and send away the 601LE, after they confirm that yes, the HM-601 that is clearly printed on the back means that it's a 601, so send it back. 

I was traveling (but someone was grabbing packages for me) and when I get back near the end of May, a More than a month and a half later, they've still not sent me anything. I have confirmation of the delivery date, and so I ping them, and get this as the response:

Hi Sir,

We received your HM-601LE just now. How about the HM-602 we shipped back to you?

OK, not MY 601, YOUR 601, but chalk it up to language barrier. No, I never got anything.

So I email customer service there and ask for a tracking number, and I get crickets in response. This is just unacceptable. It's now approaching 4 months just to send me the player that I Sent to them for repair (along with $60 to replace a cheap little part, so they're actually making money on this, even after paying for shipping in a couple extra directions because they sent me the wrong player). I'm tired of dealing with support, so I need a company rep to tell me what is going on immediately. 

I apologize for the negative post, but I've tried really hard to avoid bringing it up publicly, and now I'm tired of the runaround. 

EDIT: Well, I didn't want to have to go public, but on the plus side, I've not gained some traction. Looks like I might get a 602. I'll keep this post up to date. 

UPDATE: I just wanted to provide an update, as HiFiMan did after this, get around to sending me a replacement 602. So all is resolved. 

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 5
Don't want to start a new thread, so post it here. My problem with RE0 (Transaction ID - 2122629821401907509) lasts nearly a year. I sent broken earphones which was under warranty at that moment back to head-direct 01.01.2013. After that has no tracking info. I contacted with customer service again 08.01.2014 if they had received it, but they hadn't. After several month i appeal to Russianpost to find missed parcel, and a few months later received a result of the investigation, it says: "аccording to Hong Kong Postal Service parcel № ******** delivered to the addressee 16.12.2013". I contacted to Hong Kong Postal Service myself and they confirmed that. So from 02.09.2014 i sent 7 emails to customer service, and three last of them (from 19.09.2014, 30.09.2014, 08.10.2014) has no response. Still no result. This can be considered as the non-fulfillment of warranty commitment?

Nov 10, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #3 of 5
I'm glad to report, that this story resolved positively. That delay, obviously, was related to some misunderstanding. Just recieved the replacement. Thanks to Head-Direct team.

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #4 of 5
  I'm glad to report, that this story resolved positively. That delay, obviously, was related to some misunderstanding. Just recieved the replacement. Thanks to Head-Direct team.

Hi,
Really glad to hear that we were able to resolve this issue for you. just want to apologize for the misunderstanding again. Hopefully you will continue support us and enjoy our products. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back