Hooray, I'm Engaged!!!
Dec 20, 2004 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

roadtonowhere08

Headphoneus Supremus
Yesterday at 11:15PM (about three hours ago), I asked my longtime girlfriend of 3 years, 5 months, and 19 days (20 now
tongue.gif
) to marry me. We looked at beautifully decorated Christmas houses for a while. I pulled over to a secluded cultesac and shut off the engine. We were talking about our many great times together when I asked her to make me the happiest man in the world. Now, we have been planning to get married pretty much from day one, so I knew the answer already, but it was so great to hear "yes" from her. I am so happy, and it is obvious that she is as well. Oh, and she don't hate the ring either
tongue.gif

I thought I might share the news with the best forum on the planet
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 10:39 AM Post #3 of 60
Con gratulations, that is sweet news indeed! Consider yourself a lucky man!

The fact that you tell us so soon almost makes me feel like a bestman
biggrin.gif
Any chance of a head-fi wedding?

I wish the best of luck to you and your soon-to-be wife!

Frazze

Dec 20, 2004 at 11:52 AM Post #7 of 60
Congratulations, you lucky beggar!
tongue.gif
I envy you.

peacesign.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 11:55 AM Post #8 of 60
Good for you buddy. I know I post some threads poking fun at the process of getting married but I think marriage and commitment are the most honorable thing a man can do. This is a huge step and one most men put a lot of thought into,as I'm sure you did. I never got around to asking my wife to marry me(she beat me to it) but I remember every word she said when she did ask. When you look back on this night years from now,you'll remember this time most vividly and how you felt before and after you made the choice to propose. I'm sure you and your wife-to-be will have a long and happy life together and I wish you guys all the best. Here's to a life of hapiness and maritial bliss.

Now we need to see the ring.
biggrin.gif
I'm sure your lady don't mind.
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 12:39 PM Post #10 of 60
You poor pri... I mean, congratulations (you don't know what you are getting into), this moment will (surely) change your life for good (as in radically and totally). You are bound to live some really amazing things (and some others that would make your head spin in fear and lack of undestanding and logic from a male point of view).

Now, seriously, marriage is not easy, but it's amazingly good when things are going tuff and I would never consider ever going back to living the life of a single man. Whenever things are bad, just keep in mind that everything has a solution and there's nothin better than having someone who loves you by your side.

Good luck (you are going to need it)
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 1:22 PM Post #13 of 60
hey... congrats! and happy birthday too! after seeing a few of my friends getting married this year, just remember that you're getting married for yourselves, not for anyone else, and that's all that matters.

again, congrats!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back