Hooking up phone to DAC
Oct 14, 2016 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ToonMechaMan

Head-Fier
I'm currently trying to hook up my phones, a Samsung Galaxy S6 and Moto X 2nd gen, to my my Schiit Modi 2 through the use of an OTG cable so I can make phone calls and hear whoever I'm talking to through my headphones. I've gotten it to work through the DAC and AMP but when I plug anything into the audio jack, mostly my Antlion boom mic, all of the audio gets rerouted to whatever is hooked up to the audio jack and I can no longer hear anything through the DAC/AMP. Is there any way that I can route the audio through my DAC and use my mic to speak through the phone? Note: this is NOT the primary reason I got the Schiit stack. I'm just trying to make more effective use of what I have.

Oct 15, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 3

PinkyPowers

Reviewer: The Headphone List
Interesting question. I highly doubt it, though.

For your sake, hopefully someone will swoop in here and prove me wrong. :D

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 3

ToonMechaMan

Head-Fier
Interesting question. I highly doubt it, though.

For your sake, hopefully someone will swoop in here and prove me wrong.
biggrin.gif

I hope so. My continued search throughout the rest of the web have proven fruitless thus far. I've been using a 3.5mm splitter for attaching my mic and headphones up to this point but it's quite tedious to unscrew my Q701 from my amp to hook into the spitter whenever I need to make a phone call. It's so much simpler to switch sources using the Modi 2. Not to mention the increase in audio quality is exceptional.

Users who are viewing this thread