Homegrown Audio DIVA braid?
Feb 22, 2004 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Dan the audioman

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone, im going to build a nice mini to RCA interconnect for when i put together my gilmore v2 (possibly v1) and dt 880 combo together. I was thinking i would make one using Homegrown audio DIVA braid, a canare mini, and some LOK rca's.

People with experience with this cable (or of similar sort):

How does it sound?

Would it fit my setup?

Pros? Cons?

What does it compete against?

Thanks in advance!
Dan

Feb 22, 2004 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 11
I have a DIVA mini-to-RCA coming this week. I plan on using it with my gilmore 2 and my DT880s which will also be coming this week--a setup very similar to the one you have planned!
tongue.gif
I'll let you know how it goes.

Feb 22, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Patrickhat2001
I have a DIVA mini-to-RCA coming this week. I plan on using it with my gilmore 2 and my DT880s which will also be coming this week--a setup very similar to the one you have planned!
tongue.gif
I'll let you know how it goes.

Great! Thanks a lot.

Dan

Feb 23, 2004 at 5:39 AM Post #5 of 11
i've made a cable (k1000 headphone cable) for a customer once using the highest-end homegrown silver cable, whatever that was (i think it was like $20-30/ft?). cable looked beautiful!..... looked so sweet. i'm sure you'd be happy with the stuff. seems like a decent price. but if you find braided teflon-coated silver somewhere else for cheaper, please post!--looking for a cheaper source.

i think they recently raised the price though for their cable supplies, cause i remember the lower-end products being half the current price. but i could be wrong.

Feb 23, 2004 at 3:27 PM Post #6 of 11
yeah i used diva grade on my diy that was made

cable-019small.jpg

Feb 24, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #8 of 11
extreme4099,

Thats a really nice looking cable there.
wink.gif
Im making mine with some simple black techflex (actually, if you are familiar with it, the same techfelx that JMT uses on his cables). It is "vented" and you can see the silver cable inside (a cool effect IMO).

Out of curiosity, how much did that cost you? (excluding the heatshrink and techflex)

Also, what LOK's did you use? I am probably going to order the "LOK™ Gold Midline Locking Barrel RCA" (as written on Homegrown Audio's website) it is the fifth one down the page

thanks,
Dan

Feb 24, 2004 at 8:31 AM Post #9 of 11
i got rid of my zu pivots rca to mini ... and noticed and immediate improvment in details ... i got the third lok from the bottom of that page... uhhh 59 bux shipped.
the diva grade ... cable and the rca's .... i went to a friends place and we put it together there, he had teflon insulation and heatshrink for the cable.

Apr 1, 2004 at 7:18 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by xtreme4099
yeah i used diva grade on my diy that was made

cable-019small.jpg

xtreme4099, where did you buy this nice snake-looking flexshield?

Thanks

Apr 3, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
i've made a cable (k1000 headphone cable) for a customer once using the highest-end homegrown silver cable, whatever that was (i think it was like $20-30/ft?). cable looked beautiful!..... looked so sweet. i'm sure you'd be happy with the stuff. seems like a decent price. but if you find braided teflon-coated silver somewhere else for cheaper, please post!--looking for a cheaper source.

homegrown audio silver lace. I like mine a lot, I haven't heard too many other but this sound is a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back