Homecuttin' LPs
May 21, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

We here at Engadget are committed to getting our entire music collection available in every possible format so as to avoid any repercussions from the fallout of all those nasty standards wars — we’ve just completed encoding all of our vinyl to MP3s, and now we’re picking up one of these beauties so we can get our MP3 collection onto vinyl. Next week, we port everything over to 8-track. Because you never know, man, you never know.

What?!!!
confused.gif
Why? You've already lost frequencies by going to mp3. Bad writing... or marketing. Interesting gadget though. You should read the specs. Life for the cutter is around 200-300 minutes.
big.jpg

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

May 22, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
What?!!!
confused.gif
Why? You've already lost frequencies by going to mp3. Bad writing... or marketing.

It's a joke dude.

May 22, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbane
Not if you are a DJ.....

I think most DJ's now-a-days don't even use vinyl if they want to play a digital sound format... the "fake" turntables are becoming quite popular, are they not?

Sorry, I don't see the market this device would fit in.

May 22, 2005 at 5:49 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
the "fake" turntables are becoming quite popular, are they not?

not with real DJ's. you can only scratch with real vinyl, anything else is an approximation.
Quote:

Sorry, I don't see the market this device would fit in.

as said, DJ's.

May 22, 2005 at 5:55 AM Post #10 of 12
Oliver: Engadget is not always very quick on new stuff, as it seems
wink.gif
- we already mentioned that thingy on Head-Fi in 2003, and even then it wasn't so new anymore... Hmmm, where's the thread? *searching* There you go: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ghlight=vestax

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

May 26, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #12 of 12
I'll agree that it's no longer of much use to anyone, especially considering the freq. butchering, but the guy commenting (on engadget) saying that he was holding out for blu-needle got a laugh out of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back