Home made "noise-leveling" in ears?
Jan 5, 2021 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

viront7

New Head-Fier
Hello and happy new year to you all.

I have a weird idea that I would like to try and implement. I'd like to create what I guess would be some active earplugs. This is the most similar product I think I'd want to replicate from Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/yx8wgrxh

I work in an environment where it's important to hear those around me, but our equipment can be louder than is safe for ears in the long term. What I'd like to make is something that will feed the sound from my surroundings into my head at a constant, safe volume (ideally the volume can be adjusted as well). This way, whether it's loud or soft, I can still hear everything.
Ideally it would be something that doesn't have a wire, but if it did I would want it to be wired similar to how this product appears. Something simple that could just connect between the ears.
I hope this makes sense. I don't know where to start with this at all, but I'd like to try and build a set myself. Is it even possible? What would the setup look like, or what parts would I need?

For reference, i'm a big DIY-er, but I know nothing about the internals of a headphone aside from very basic stuff. Give me a soldering iron and a simple wiring diagram and I can do the rest. I just don't know where to start with this...
Thank you for any and all help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back