Home-Made IEMs
Nov 12, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #13,501 of 15,945
I did a test two days ago with a clear shell, lake3 varnish under Uv

Résine:detax freeprint mould and dreve lake3

url=https://ibb.co/sv6M4Yr]
Screenshot-2021-11-12-08-49-11-173-org-telegram-messenger.jpg
[/url]

Nov 14, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #13,503 of 15,945
Group question: what 3D printers are being used in this community with high rates of success?

Asiga is the dream. FormLabs Form3 makes me nervous from from all the units on e-bay being sold for parts. Do the comsumer models ( like the new 4K mono printers) perform any better? The effort to dial in those printers is substantial and success is always a coin flip. Just curios on some real world application.

Nov 14, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #13,504 of 15,945
Group question: what 3D printers are being used in this community with high rates of success?

Asiga is the dream. FormLabs Form3 makes me nervous from from all the units on e-bay being sold for parts. Do the comsumer models ( like the new 4K mono printers) perform any better? The effort to dial in those printers is substantial and success is always a coin flip. Just curios on some real world application.
The precision from the consumer printers are really great for their price.

I've seen OG photons, elegoo mars being used. Phrozen brand is also being used by some manufacturers. I forgot the manufacturer who posted their farm but i've seen these printers on their work table.

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #13,506 of 15,945
@swtnate

for my part I use this

My first Elegoo pro mars 2K

then I went to Asiga freeform pro 2-75

and recently Elegoo Mars 3 mono 4K for the desktop:

What I can say about asiga, as it is pro, this type of printer is used with its proprietary software (composer asiga), it is connected in network, I am in wifi at home. He’s smart and recognizes a lot of audio marks and dental resin.

the disadvantage, asiga resin trays are sold in 1/3/5/10 liters of memory, this means that there is a chip in the tray that calculates that you used 1 liter of parts (resin) and it turns off so you have to be changed.

take a 10 liters to be quiet. are all the same just the chips that are different.

But if you wanted a small efficient printer, I recommend the elegoo 3 March because it has a monochrome screen and a higher luminous power. The above shell that I posted is made with March 3 and the freeprint resin detax, this resin is intended for DLP printers like asiga, and well on March 3 that remains an LCD takes it well once found the right settings. On the elegoo mars pro with RGB screen it does not work well I failed to print a piece properly with resin detax freeprint.

So opt for a monochrome printer, Elegoo Mars 3 is really amazing.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #13,507 of 15,945
@swtnate

for my part I use this

My first Elegoo pro mars 2K

then I went to Asiga freeform pro 2-75

and recently Elegoo Mars 3 mono 4K for the desktop:

What I can say about asiga, as it is pro, this type of printer is used with its proprietary software (composer asiga), it is connected in network, I am in wifi at home. He’s smart and recognizes a lot of audio marks and dental resin.

the disadvantage, asiga resin trays are sold in 1/3/5/10 liters of memory, this means that there is a chip in the tray that calculates that you used 1 liter of parts (resin) and it turns off so you have to be changed.

take a 10 liters to be quiet. are all the same just the chips that are different.

But if you wanted a small efficient printer, I recommend the elegoo 3 March because it has a monochrome screen and a higher luminous power. The above shell that I posted is made with March 3 and the freeprint resin detax, this resin is intended for DLP printers like asiga, and well on March 3 that remains an LCD takes it well once found the right settings. On the elegoo mars pro with RGB screen it does not work well I failed to print a piece properly with resin detax freeprint.

So opt for a monochrome printer, Elegoo Mars 3 is really amazing.
I got a photon S 3 years ago and its such an unpredictable machine. The build plate leveling is whatever. BUT, the Z axis is not reliable at all.

Nov 16, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #13,509 of 15,945
Some update on what I've built recently - a 6 driver hybrid, using 4 dynamic drivers and a SWFK. Integrating the SWFK was really difficult. Results were pretty good though. It sounds very clear and spacious but a bit drier than what I'm used to. I'm used to a bit more mid-bass than this, but the sub-bass on this is satisfying and ear rattling!

Face plates were made with small pebbles of some sort, set in resin and sanded.

20211021_013754.JPG20211021_013625.JPG4DD Hybrid (Closed Shell).png

Nov 17, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #13,511 of 15,945
completely new to all these.
any recommended "getting started" stuff?
im mainly interested with multi drivers, crossover etc

Where do you shop? Soundlink on aliexpress is one stop shop with good stuff, but if you get on taoba you can get some drivers for very cheap and start building without a lot of money being risked if you scrap something.

Nov 22, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #13,513 of 15,945
Hello! First time here.
I'm starting my first ciem proyect, just had my ear impressions done so I'm very excited. Next step is choosing drivers, any recs for an easy and good sounding proyect? I have decent soldering skills, I was looking at the GV-32830 as an starting point, would that be good? I was reading about the MASM, are those still decent builds? begginer friendly?

Nov 23, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #13,514 of 15,945
Hello! First time here.
I'm starting my first ciem proyect, just had my ear impressions done so I'm very excited. Next step is choosing drivers, any recs for an easy and good sounding proyect? I have decent soldering skills, I was looking at the GV-32830 as an starting point, would that be good? I was reading about the MASM, are those still decent builds? begginer friendly?
What do you want is the question and not if masm is decent or not

I think OG members can come up with build easily

So, whats your soldering skill and what sort of sound you are after

Nov 23, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #13,515 of 15,945
What do you want is the question and not if masm is decent or not

I think OG members can come up with build easily

So, whats your soldering skill and what sort of sound you are after
Thanks for the reply, I would say my soldering skill is above average, I've done DIY proyects before, not iems tho. I wanna build something neutral/balanced but with a slight boost in mids and energy in upper mids, for a focus on female vocal music, decent bass would be a plus. Also, I contacted soundlink and seems like they don't sell the bs6 anymore, only the bs5 10025.

edit: I was reading the thread, any recipes with Sonion 38D1XJ? Neutral with bass boost and decent treble energy for female vocals? I like jpop

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back