Home-Made IEMs
Oct 6, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #13,426 of 15,972
Mesh in the back is a way of tuning DDs, they are extremely sensitive to pressure restriction changes
Do you think I massively lowered the driver's resonant frequency by doing this?

Also this is more or less what was I refering to with my previous comment. Could an IEM with a fully open back, including the driver itself work, at least I assume this is the headgear equivalent of infinite baffle.

Oct 6, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #13,427 of 15,972
Haha I know what you are doing😂 I think it's not a good idea, as you won't get the precision needed in the final result. Any good shop should accept STLs straight away!
What do you mean? I'd use it for better layout for engraving in my laser. Would also prefer to laser out the faceplate shape from my faceplate blanks.

If you're thinking that I would send them to be printed by other shops, nah, I print my stuff in-house. :D

Oct 8, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #13,429 of 15,972
Do you think I massively lowered the driver's resonant frequency by doing this?

Also this is more or less what was I refering to with my previous comment. Could an IEM with a fully open back, including the driver itself work, at least I assume this is the headgear equivalent of infinite baffle.
No
You boosted so much bass that it comes at 1kHz and onwards
Making it earbud driver

Oct 12, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #13,430 of 15,972
zoom in 38D1XJ acupass damper

IMG_7561.jpg

Oct 19, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #13,432 of 15,972
Good afternoon, I need your help, what topics do I need to research, to be able to create an iem at the height of vision ears ve4.5...
For example dampers for goodbass and the distance of there..
Pages where I can buy the material, aliexpress, mc ear, some other?
drivers sonion or knowless
i can use vinyl

Oct 19, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #13,434 of 15,972
Anyone use room eq wizard with an iec711? I need to get one, imm6 is consistent but I don't trust it above 10k and have a pair of EST I want to use so... Time for a 711
This is what I use. You’ll also need some way of calibrating the SPL meter in REW. I have my max reading set at 129. That tends to more closely match the data sheets and tech sheets. Although, I do need to get a more professional SPL device.

Oct 19, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #13,437 of 15,972
That number may be different with your microphone. But, at least its a starting point. The only impedance measuring in REW does not match the data sheets very closely though.
It does match the datasheets very closely, but calibration needs to be dead accurate and you need a really good sound card. You also need to use identically measuring wires and plugs for that measurement. I use a 0.01% tolerance precision resistor for this as well. The results I get are +- 0.25 ohms of Datasheets

Oct 19, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #13,439 of 15,972
I also made an impedance jig, that calibration is tricky too in REW, but I got good results and can test zobels:
Zobel impedance - RAF inside.jpg
I did get SOME pretty good results. BUT, not close enough to the impedance graphs that knowles shows. So, idk what's going on there. I'm looking into getting into SoundCheck for their hardware and software applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back