Home-Made IEMs
Aug 3, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #13,141 of 15,910
I have read and re-read through MOST of this whole thread. Im still searching for this answer… How do you mark your tubing for proper length? Do you use a sharpie marker? Or something else that wont rub off?
Scale is your friend
Plus you can do any style which suites you
You can even print tubes with flexible resin

Creativity and side thinking

I use to use scale and some BA measurement in pdf for spout lenght from where i calculate my tube lenght
I scratch tube a bit to be visible in direct light bouncing of it

Some use marker, sharpie etc

Some just print the tube

Aug 3, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #13,142 of 15,910
Scale is your friend
Plus you can do any style which suites you
You can even print tubes with flexible resin

Creativity and side thinking

I use to use scale and some BA measurement in pdf for spout lenght from where i calculate my tube lenght
I scratch tube a bit to be visible in direct light bouncing of it

Some use marker, sharpie etc

Some just print the tube
Like, resin print the tube?? Or, like soft silicone print the tube? If its resin printed, the FR would be different than the PVC tubing…. Interesting though.

Aug 3, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #13,143 of 15,910
Hey dhruvmeena ,
at first I want to thank you for the work you put in this thread. After reading it I think the best thing for me would be to follow a design rather than experimenting. In the past I already built an iem in an universal shell with just a RAB driver but as am older now and I think my ears won't change too much, I want to try building a ciem and for that use a more complex driver arrangement. Sadly I didn't find a way to get the Bellsing 6 driver so I choose another design I liked to build, even if it's a little harder. I have a few questions for your MASM Renaissance experimental Design you mentioned a while ago:

It works flawlessly if you make the GK dual spot share same 2mm tube

GK
Brown damper near spout
White damper in between
2mm ID/ 20mm length

RAB 32063
No damper
Resonator
2mm ID/16mm length
Zobel

So for the GK I understand correctly that the tube has to be stretched over the two nozzles and the brown damper should sit right at the nozzle and the white dampener is supposed to sit between the end of the tube and the brown damper? And do you remember if the electronic components of the Zobel circuit had the same values as shown here https://www.circuit-diagram.org/circuits/4c8ad023 even though the RAB 32063 is a little different than the RAB 32033? Other than that I think the circuit depicted there is the same.
I hope I don't do anything wrong by asking all those questions here.
Again many thanks go to you for your work and your nice designs.

Moritz

Aug 4, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #13,144 of 15,910
Hey dhruvmeena ,
at first I want to thank you for the work you put in this thread. After reading it I think the best thing for me would be to follow a design rather than experimenting. In the past I already built an iem in an universal shell with just a RAB driver but as am older now and I think my ears won't change too much, I want to try building a ciem and for that use a more complex driver arrangement. Sadly I didn't find a way to get the Bellsing 6 driver so I choose another design I liked to build, even if it's a little harder. I have a few questions for your MASM Renaissance experimental Design you mentioned a while ago:

So for the GK I understand correctly that the tube has to be stretched over the two nozzles and the brown damper should sit right at the nozzle and the white dampener is supposed to sit between the end of the tube and the brown damper? And do you remember if the electronic components of the Zobel circuit had the same values as shown here https://www.circuit-diagram.org/circuits/4c8ad023 even though the RAB 32063 is a little different than the RAB 32033? Other than that I think the circuit depicted there is the same.
I hope I don't do anything wrong by asking all those questions here.
Again many thanks go to you for your work and your nice designs.

Moritz
MASM is outdated my friend
try using 38D1XJ and dwfk + swfk setup

but if you really want to make a really nice iem
use MASM 3 pro design
GQ + RAB

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #13,146 of 15,910
Moondrop Blessing 2 has an integrated tube design.

I don't mark mine. I cut them right away on top of a ruler.
And then try to snake them through the canal? Some folks have REALLY narrow ear canals and you're lucky to get two tubes let alone a third. Plus, how would you get it to make a turn to the right or to the left? Seriously interested.

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #13,149 of 15,910
@all I might get large quantities of 38D1X, E50, Quad EST in the coming months, and wanted to offer you guys to get those from me then, as I know the struggle in the beginning. I will be buying 100 pcs each(26 for EST) which will cut the price to a bit above half for everything, including EST. If there's enough interest, I can buy earlier. Shipping from here is quite cheap.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #13,150 of 15,910
MASM is outdated my friend
try using 38D1XJ and dwfk + swfk setup

but if you really want to make a really nice iem
use MASM 3 pro design
GQ + RAB
Would you say Bellsing 6 + Zobel is outdated as well? I'm thinking about just building more Ciems as I have enough fotoplast for a few shells and already bought the parts for the masm renaissance.

@all I might get large quantities of 38D1X, E50, Quad EST in the coming months, and wanted to offer you guys to get those from me then, as I know the struggle in the beginning. I will be buying 100 pcs each(26 for EST) which will cut the price to a bit above half for everything, including EST. If there's enough interest, I can buy earlier. Shipping from here is quite cheap.
I'm thinking about getting 4 of the 38D1X ( would be about 40 to 50 euros, right?)

Aug 5, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #13,151 of 15,910
Would you say Bellsing 6 + Zobel is outdated as well? I'm thinking about just building more Ciems as I have enough fotoplast for a few shells and already bought the parts for the masm renaissance.

I'm thinking about getting 4 of the 38D1X ( would be about 40 to 50 euros, right?)
A bit more, but I will either order in a few months if at least 60 pieces are wanted here

Aug 6, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #13,152 of 15,910

Attachments

• 1220648067413901591.jpg
    1220648067413901591.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 0
Aug 7, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #13,155 of 15,910
Anyone ever used a vacuum chamber + pump to get bubbles out of lack3? I struggle to get a clean finish with it, no clue how you guys do it so well! I sand after each layer, pop the bubbles etc etc. and its still messy after 4 layers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back