Home-Made IEMs
Jul 29, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #13,126 of 15,910
Looking to make my first ciem but I am doing research before I actually trying it and I have a few questions:

•Is it ok to use only a single dynamic driver with no balanced armature?
•If it is possible, how do you place it inside the shell?
•What are the downsides compared to using BA drivers? For my first build, I'm thinking of using a 10mm dynamic driver.

TIA!

Jul 29, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #13,129 of 15,910
Au fait, quelqu'un a-t-il déjà fait des expériences pour étendre ou améliorer la scène sonore ? C'est VRAIMENT difficile de trouver des infos à ce sujet
Je pense que pour avoir une scène sonore juste, cela nécessite une phase optimale entre les drivers, ce n'est pas facile à expliquer en détail. Personnellement je travaille en mode déphasé pour trouver les contraires puis revenir en phase normale, c'est un jeu de ping pong, chacun a sa méthode mais c'est vrai que ce n'est pas facile à trouver pour les personnes qui en savent moins sur ce paramètre

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #13,131 of 15,910
Je pense que pour avoir une scène sonore juste, cela nécessite une phase optimale entre les drivers, ce n'est pas facile à expliquer en détail. Personnellement je travaille en mode déphasé pour trouver les contraires puis revenir en phase normale, c'est un jeu de ping pong, chacun a sa méthode mais c'est vrai que ce n'est pas facile à trouver pour les personnes qui en savent moins sur ce paramètre
Now I gotta dig out my french from school :D

Jul 29, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #13,132 of 15,910
Actually I'm tuning a single driver with linear phase, not sure how to improve phase further😄

Jul 30, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #13,133 of 15,910
Now I gotta dig out my french from school :D
Excuse me,
I think that to have a fair sound scene, it requires an optimal phase between the drivers, it is not easy to explain in detail. Personally I work in out of phase mode to find the opposites then return to normal phase, it is a game of ping pong, everyone has his method but it is true that it is not easy to find for people who know less about this parameter

Jul 30, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #13,137 of 15,910
Here are two examples for classic IEM wires.
The first link is for 10pcs pre-tinned 0.3mm litz from SoundLink and the second one is 100pcs pre-tinned litz 0.5mm from another store.
10pcs 0.3mm
100pcs 0.5mm
I have already had these wires, they are rather rigid you have to pay attention to the welding stud of the drivers, personally I prefer to use the estron wire of SoundLink, you can double them by twisting them and it remains very flexible

Jul 30, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #13,138 of 15,910
Ipx / t2 female connectors where can i find them?

Attachments

• 20210322115211_Estron-LogoT2-DSWeb (1).jpg
    20210322115211_Estron-LogoT2-DSWeb (1).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
Jul 31, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #13,139 of 15,910
I have already had these wires, they are rather rigid you have to pay attention to the welding stud of the drivers, personally I prefer to use the estron wire of SoundLink, you can double them by twisting them and it remains very flexible
You are right, they do get rigid after soldering. I use to pre kink them before soldering, so that I wouldn't have to apply any force to the soldering area when putting them in place in the shell. That works for me, but I'll try out your wire suggestion too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back