Home-Made IEMs
Jan 14, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #12,154 of 15,973
Jan 14, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #12,156 of 15,973
Yeah, thanks but looking for just the tweeter. And I live in the US so depending on price, it may not make sense to try to ship to me. Really they just look a little better than a 30095 so I was interested, but I have some 30095's ill try out first.

I looked up the datasheet and those seem like a good full range solution by themselves, maybe you just try to make a small earbud style, use foam or mesh filter on the nozzle if needed.

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #12,159 of 15,973
Hello team
does anyone tried made some diy ATM earphones?
like "Project Heaven" on AMT driver (Air Motion Transformer technology)?
tOefime.png
@dhruvmeena96 i'm getting a pair of these soon, traded for them, altho they can be purchased for around 1.3k euro iirc.

edit - the hybrid ones, dd/amt black/gold pair.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #12,160 of 15,973
I want to make hybrid CIEM.
I like sound in my GK-31732 but i have more bass and more textured bass. I think use TWFK for tweeter and dynamic driver for woofer.
And i have some questions:
1. Crossover. Which i need to use?
2. Driver. I want to buy Sony MH755 or MH750 and extract dynamic driver. Or are there better options?

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #12,161 of 15,973
General question, which do you finalize first? Assuming you're happy with circuit design and preliminary frequency response measurements.

Do you finalize physical stuff like attaching and gluing tubing, dampers, verify fit in shell.

Or do you do all the wiring first? And risk having to rework or damaging something as you try to get it packed in a shell after it is wired?

Jan 19, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #12,163 of 15,973
General question, which do you finalize first? Assuming you're happy with circuit design and preliminary frequency response measurements.

Do you finalize physical stuff like attaching and gluing tubing, dampers, verify fit in shell.

Or do you do all the wiring first? And risk having to rework or damaging something as you try to get it packed in a shell after it is wired?
I attach my tubing first so there's less stress on the solder tabs when handling them.

I now also do "wiring harness" 2nd. From the socket to the crossover components then solder it to the drivers with the tubes. :)

Jan 19, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #12,165 of 15,973
Jh audio and some other companies they talking in the internet about phase acoustic cancellation and big dips in the frequency response.

To be honest I would love to make my iem with a phase issue and a big dip at 200 hz.

One question guys , the resistor in a passive crossover, can I use any value I want ?
I'm very confused with this .
it affects impedance so no

Users who are viewing this thread

Back