Home-Made IEMs
Sep 16, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #13,351 of 13,624

ohige

New Head-Fier
First of all, it’s a great job , congratulations:wink: I don’t really understand the sticking with rubbing gum. Why don’t you create the locations in the full direct shell under 360 fusion? It would save you the trouble of assembling and pasting
thank you!
I'm using Google Translate, so you may have misunderstood your question. I'm sorry in that case.

The external model is mesh data.
FUSION 360 is not suitable for editing mesh data. Therefore, when editing the external model (smoothing, deformation, etc.), use meshmixer.

The sound path model is created as a geometric model. Geometric models can create accurate shapes and are suitable for repetitive editing. Therefore, the sound path model created by the geometric model at the end is converted to the mesh model and subtracted.

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #13,352 of 13,624

Aldo40

100+ Head-Fier
thank you!
I'm using Google Translate, so you may have misunderstood your question. I'm sorry in that case.

The external model is mesh data.
FUSION 360 is not suitable for editing mesh data. Therefore, when editing the external model (smoothing, deformation, etc.), use meshmixer.

The sound path model is created as a geometric model. Geometric models can create accurate shapes and are suitable for repetitive editing. Therefore, the sound path model created by the geometric model at the end is converted to the mesh model and subtracted.

I use Google translate too lol So when you release the shell to the printer, they come out in one piece, is that okay?

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #13,353 of 13,624

ohige

New Head-Fier
I use Google translate too lol So when you release the shell to the printer, they come out in one piece, is that okay?
The sound path model is a solid model, not a hollow model.
The external model is also a solid model.
A hollow model can be created by subtracting the solid model from the solid model.

The sound path model is a solid model, not a pipe.

s_IMG_8619.jpg

Sep 17, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #13,354 of 13,624

ohige

New Head-Fier
Since I received the message of the question, I will explain how to make a sunburst color face plate.

1) Create and print a face plate model with two steps in a staircase pattern.
s_iem_002_CAP7 v1.jpg

s_IMG_8635.jpg

2) Draw a shape that goes into a deep step inside with illustrator and print it on the label sheet.
tips: You can create accurate shape data by saving the drawing data created by FUSION 360 as PDF and importing it into illustrator. It is good to offset the shape inward by 0.2 to 0.3 mm to make it smaller.
s_IMG_8632.jpg

3) Attach the printed label sheet to a thin natural wood sheet and cut the natural wood sheet with a design knife. After cutting, remove the label sheet.
s_IMG_8633.jpg

4) Use Illustrator to create a shape that fits into a shallow step on the outside. Use Illustrator or Photoshop to create black, red, and yellow gradients and logos. Print it on a transparent film (eg OHP film).
tips: Invert the characters.
s_IMG_8631.jpg

5) Cut the printed transparent film according to the outer diameter shape.
tips: Paint the cut section black with a felt-tip pen to make it less noticeable.

6) Stick a natural wood sheet on the base of the face plate.

7) Apply a thin layer of UV resin and cure.

8) Apply a thin layer of UV resin, attach a gradation film, and then apply UV resin.

9) It cures by exposing it to UV light.
s_IMG_8263.jpg

10) Apply UV resin to the entire surface to flatten the surface.

11) It cures when exposed to UV light,
s_IMG_8634.jpg

12) Paint with clear lacquer using an airbrush.

13) Take a closer look and enjoy yourself, and you're done!
s_IMG_8279.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #13,359 of 13,624

ohige

New Head-Fier
Thank ohige :wink:

[

Great job!
congratulations!
I am looking forward to the completion.

Is using a Sonion 38DJ007Mi/9a for a woofer, Knowles ED-29689 for the mids, and a SWFK-31736 for the tweeter a good idea?
Any advice/feedback will be greatly appreciated.
I think it's a good choice.
If the phase characteristics can be controlled, it may be completed without using a resistor.

Sep 17, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #13,360 of 13,624

piotrus-g

Member of the Trade: Custom Art
Since I received the message of the question, I will explain how to make a sunburst color face plate.

1) Create and print a face plate model with two steps in a staircase pattern.
s_iem_002_CAP7 v1.jpg
s_IMG_8635.jpg

2) Draw a shape that goes into a deep step inside with illustrator and print it on the label sheet.
tips: You can create accurate shape data by saving the drawing data created by FUSION 360 as PDF and importing it into illustrator. It is good to offset the shape inward by 0.2 to 0.3 mm to make it smaller.
s_IMG_8632.jpg

3) Attach the printed label sheet to a thin natural wood sheet and cut the natural wood sheet with a design knife. After cutting, remove the label sheet.
s_IMG_8633.jpg

4) Use Illustrator to create a shape that fits into a shallow step on the outside. Use Illustrator or Photoshop to create black, red, and yellow gradients and logos. Print it on a transparent film (eg OHP film).
tips: Invert the characters.
s_IMG_8631.jpg

5) Cut the printed transparent film according to the outer diameter shape.
tips: Paint the cut section black with a felt-tip pen to make it less noticeable.

6) Stick a natural wood sheet on the base of the face plate.

7) Apply a thin layer of UV resin and cure.

8) Apply a thin layer of UV resin, attach a gradation film, and then apply UV resin.

9) It cures by exposing it to UV light.
s_IMG_8263.jpg

10) Apply UV resin to the entire surface to flatten the surface.

11) It cures when exposed to UV light,
s_IMG_8634.jpg

12) Paint with clear lacquer using an airbrush.

13) Take a closer look and enjoy yourself, and you're done!
s_IMG_8279.jpg
I apologize for the continuous posting.

The new face plate is complete!
If I make an IEM for Vocaloid songs and anime songs, I would like to adopt it.

s_IMG_8624.jpg
Cartoon typeA

s_IMG_8628.jpg
Cartoon typeB
impresive! congrats

Sep 19, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #13,363 of 13,624

discus123

New Head-Fier
This batch of shells just taken out from my 3D printer this morning, it seems quite smooth and solves all my probelms facing in previous printing. In here I thank bro mattmatt for his big big helping. You're kind and generous indeed helping me a lot. thanks bro !

Snap1.png
Snap2.png
Snap3.png

Sep 19, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #13,365 of 13,624

discus123

New Head-Fier
what’s the hole on the shell?
I'm completely new on 3D printing. That hole is created by the 3D printing software. If I don't dig a hole inside the shell, after finish printing the shell inside would have a layer of extra coating of cured UV resin.

I have tried also inverted the shell for printing but the bore needs to put a support and the come out result is the bore not even or not round enough.

Any others recommendation ?

Users who are viewing this thread