Home-Made IEMs
Aug 31, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #13,291 of 13,621

piotrus-g

Member of the Trade: Custom Art
With that response, do you find it necessary to apply a high pass? Looks like that can do without one and can just be controlled with resistors and dampers alone.
Well you can always experiment and try, I know that there are some manufacturers that go for like 5 drivers w/o crossover so there's real life examples that it could be done, what you can make from such arrangement is completely up to you

Aug 31, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #13,292 of 13,621

dhruvmeena96

Headphoneus Supremus
Well you can always experiment and try, I know that there are some manufacturers that go for like 5 drivers w/o crossover so there's real life examples that it could be done, what you can make from such arrangement is completely up to you

W/o crossover sounds lazy Though(from engineering standpoint)
Hahahahahha

Tried andro gold and was disappointed as it was not resolving enough and campfire tuning is kinda weird for my taste

With that response, do you find it necessary to apply a high pass? Looks like that can do without one and can just be controlled with resistors and dampers alone.
@piotrus-g is actually right, you can try mixing and matching, adjusting tubes and shifting resonances and fill one driver dip with other driver peak and create a decombing smoothening effect.

Good way to exercise tube lenght and tube resonances

Aug 31, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #13,295 of 13,621

Wgibson

100+ Head-Fier
A little update from my MASM 3 Pro with added 38D1X, the MASM 5 A.
I've played around a bit with adding tubes right into the shell in Fusion 360 and that worked quite well. In the end though, I've settled with the shell from @Aldo40 from page 885, which I modified to make the nozzle bigger so that I can fit 2x 2mm and 1x 1mm ID tubes quite nicely.
I've printed with black resin and used Lack 3 for the shell itself and for the faceplate I went with some nail polish with chameleon effect, covered with Lack 3.

All in all I'm very happy with the result and can recommend adding a 38D1X to the amazing MASM 3 Pro's.

Wow, that is professional level. Would love that shell file if you are willing and able to share it :)

Sep 1, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #13,296 of 13,621

mattmatt

100+ Head-Fier
Yup, there's even a 24 drive monstrosity with a crossoverless design!

W/o crossover sounds lazy Though(from engineering standpoint)
Hahahahahha

Tried andro gold and was disappointed as it was not resolving enough and campfire tuning is kinda weird for my taste

@piotrus-g is actually right, you can try mixing and matching, adjusting tubes and shifting resonances and fill one driver dip with other driver peak and create a decombing smoothening effect.

Good way to exercise tube lenght and tube resonances
never liked anything from CA personally. Especially the OG Andromeda. It sounds weird and unnatural to me.
Wow, that is professional level. Would love that shell file if you are willing and able to share it :)
it's in page 85. Download it and change the file name extension from .txt to .stl.

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #13,297 of 13,621

Theodoric Paddlefoot

New Head-Fier
All kudos for this marvelous shell go to Aldo40. I changed the nozzle to a whopping 6.5mm OD, if you want that I can share it.
Here is a 1mm faceplate. Same procedure as for the shell, change the extension from .txt to .stl.

Attachments

• ShellAldo_Faceplate_1mm.txt
    224.4 KB · Views: 0
Sep 1, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #13,298 of 13,621

Xymordos

Headphoneus Supremus
Yup, there's even a 24 drive monstrosity with a crossoverless design!

never liked anything from CA personally. Especially the OG Andromeda. It sounds weird and unnatural to me.

it's in page 85. Download it and change the file name extension from .txt to .stl.

That 24 driver one did not sound very good to me at all lol

Sep 1, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #13,301 of 13,621

IndyAudio14

New Head-Fier
HELLO,DOES ANYBODY PLEASE Have HEADPHONE SHELL wide bore file .stl. so I can use printing service to print some shells and faceplates.Or some for sale thank you willing to buy some today...Been using soundlinks universals for about 2 years.

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #13,302 of 13,621

Theodoric Paddlefoot

New Head-Fier
HELLO,DOES ANYBODY PLEASE Have HEADPHONE SHELL wide bore file .stl. so I can use printing service to print some shells and faceplates.Or some for sale thank you willing to buy some today...Been using soundlinks universals for about 2 years.
Hey, this shell has a pretty wide bore and you can use the faceplate from a few posts above. Rename the .txt to .stl. The bore is about 6.5mm and you might struggle to fit your usual tips, please keep that in mind.

Attachments

• Aldos Shell_wb.txt
    663.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread